We are a growing company with an Employee Satisfaction rating of 90%
Many benefits for you here. See below.
The Senior Network Administrator is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the entire network infrastructure. This position also serves as Tier 2 support for all IT related tasks regarding computer hardware and software. The ideal candidate, along with the above posted minimum skill qualifications, would possess the following:
MVHC Expectations include
- Reviews and complies with regulatory standards.
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality at all time.
- Manages time effectively.
- Positively and appropriately accepts direction and constructive input from Leadership.
- Demonstrates actions and behaviors that consistently contribute to a positive and safe work environment for our employees and guests. (i.e., timely incident reporting, hazards, customer service, infection control management, etc.
- Supports change and participates in activities to promote organizational leadership.
- Supports our co-workers and community.
- Parks in employee designated area.
- Exhibits pride in the job and with MVHC s mission and values.
- Makes decisions based on what s best for MVHC s patients.
- Builds collaborative positive relationships throughout the organization in order to share knowledge and experience to benefit the patient.
- Adheres to Living the Mission Values Employee Expectations.
- Adheres to all MVHC s policies and procedures.
- Attends mandatory trainings and attend at least 80% of departmental meetings.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configure all Cisco devices in accordance with best practices and in the best interest of MVHC security and functionality
- Designs networks for additional MVHC sites in regards to local VLANS and Spectrum ELAN
- Keeps all Cisco configurations current, standardized, and secure.
- Always maintains a current backup of every Cisco device
- Take responsibility for administration of corporate web filter.
- Provides phone and in-person user support for technologies related problems.
- Installs, troubleshoots and supports hardware and software for personal computers, laptops, phones and all peripherals.
- Completes software installation, troubleshooting, and support for all applications.
- Recommending or requesting the procurement of peripherals or replacement parts/equipment and outside vendor services as needed for workstations and other end-user equipment such as printers, scanners, etc.
- Setup end-user accounts and timely maintenance of these accounts.
- Support IT Team in maintaining and rolling out new features.
- Data entry and status tracking of all user request in an online tracking system.
- Provide basic level expertise in the function and operation of standard office applications.
- Performs regularly scheduled maintenance on hardware and software.
- Provides basic telecommunication system support.
- Provides basic support to the facilities department for computer related system such as HVAC, fire suppression, and alarm monitoring systems.
Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug and a health saving account option.
• 401k with employer match
• Paid time off plus seven paid holidays per year
• Employer paid life insurance
• Life insurance Voluntary benefits
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Wellness program
Payroll deduct at area fitness center
Ability to earn up to 5% insurance discount
Fitness membership monthly stipend
• CME Days
• CME Allowance
• Credit union