What you'll be doing...
The primary responsibility will be for designing, writing and executing various test plans on commercial and in-house developed network elements using state of the art test tools and hardware. You will also be responsible for providing complete front-to-end engineering and installation of Cisco and Juniper router-based IP network solutions.
What we're looking for...
- Providing Tier III technical support to Tier II for Cisco and Juniper equipment.
- Providing technical support to project planning team for the development and implementation of proposals.
- Writing whitepapers and delivering presentations in response to customer requirements/interest in new technologies/products in support of customer networks.
- Opportunities exist for domestic and international travel.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
When you join Verizon...
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Six or more years of work experience that includes network design, operational support and hands-on implementing and configuration of network devices such as servers, routers, hubs and switches.
- Knowledge of test equipment to include Sprient TestCenter (Avalanche/Reflector).
- CCNA or JNCIP Certifications.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Willingness to carry a pager to respond to trouble calls after hours.
- Eligibility to pass an extensive background investigation as a condition of employment.
- Fluency in many data networking protocols.
- In-depth working knowledge of Frame Relay, MPLS, ATM, TCP/IP, VPN, and IP Telephony.
- Full working knowledge of the OSI model, routing protocols and their application to router configurations.
You'll have the power to go beyond - doing the work that's transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you'll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we'll go far.Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.