Join SAIC's Information Technology (IT) Support Services Team in the Network Operations and Security Center (NOSC) of the US Air Forces Central Command (USAFCENT) Communications Directorate (A6). This opportunity places you at the tip of the spear for Engineering, Operations and Maintenance, Cyber Security, and Defensive Cyber Operations supporting the warfighter in the Southwest Asia area.
USAFCENT is the air component of United States Central Command (USCENTCOM), a regional unified command. USAFCENT, in concert with its coalition, joint and interagency partners, delivers decisive air and space power on behalf of USCENTCOM for the security and stability of the Southwest Asia (SWA) region. The USAFCENT NOSC delivers cyberspace command and control (C2) superiority to the warfighter by engineering, implementing, securing, managing, operating and maintaining USAFCENT's Non-Classified Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet), Secret Internet Protocol Router (SIPRNet), USCENTCOM Partner Networks (CPN-X), and associated C2 networks, systems and services.
The USAFCENT NOSC executes the full-spectrum of IT services management and operations for USAFCENT networks 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week (24/7); and is tasked by USCENTCOM to provide information assurance (IA) boundary intrusion detection and intrusion prevention for USCENTCOM components. Comprised of NOSC operations, operations support, cybersecurity, network engineering, and command support functions, the USAFCENT NOSC plans, engineers, installs, integrates, operates and maintains, protects and manages enterprise-wide network and systems architecture, infrastructure and services; and provides enterprise-level oversight to its subordinate and supported communications support activities.
Candidates will be working at Shaw AFB, SC and/or Lackland AFB, TX. Frequent temporary duty (TDY) and/or deployment travel to OCONUS locations in the USCENTCOM AOR is required to support sustainment, site surveys, installations, upgrades, integration, testing, troubleshooting and other mission-related requirements.
The candidate for this position develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity, exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment, exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results, applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines, provides guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies, and establishes and recommends changes to policies which affect subordinate organization(s).
Senior Network Architecture & Design:
- Provides enterprise architecture expertise to translate an enterprise's strategy into a future enterprise architecture and a transition plan (i.e. roadmap) to achieve that future state.
- Uses multi-disciplinary techniques, for example: business process decomposition and redesign, information engineering, organizational redesign, change management, IT strategy and architecture, and performance measurement, to assist in enterprise business transformation and EA implementation.
- Interacts at a variety of points within the enterprise's governance process to assist in implementation of the transition plan, to include organizational strategy development, capital planning and investment control, portfolio and project management, systems development, and operations.
- Designs, develops, and maintains current and future views and data describing the enterprise architecture.
- Researches and advises on the selection of technologies to include within the enterprise architecture.
- Provides analyses of potential changes to the EA.
- Conducts reviews and analyses of architectures to ensure compliance with EA policy.
- Provides oversight for the development and maintenance of quality programs, systems, processes and procedures to ensure EA policy compliance or to improve the EA.
- Coordinates and collaborates with subject matter expert and other architects to reflect reengineered business processes into the EA.
- Defines, develops, and provides expertise and guidance on EA processes, policies, roles and responsibilities.
- Has experience and expertise in the application of one or more common EA frameworks, such as FEAC, TOGAF, or DoDAF, as well as with common EA tools such as ARIS.
Specific duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Design LAN, CAN, WAN data, voice and video architecture.
- Wide Area Network Architecture and Design, Campus/Datacenter Network Architecture and Design, and Unified Collaboration Architecture
- Configure and implement External Gateway Protocol (EGP) such as Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), and Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP) such as and Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP).
- Analyze a myriad of networking metrics and recognize sub-par network performance.
- Develop reports and trend analysis documentation on bandwidth and network security incidents.
- Troubleshoot network intrusion devices specific to the Department of Defense as well as many commercial information assurance tools to ensure proper design and integration.
- Administer advanced Cisco network products such as VoIP and other advanced technologies.
- Contractor shall act as an on-shift training representative for both contractors and government personnel to include Cisco Switches and Routers, and hardware troubleshooting disciplines, LAN technologies and OS used on deployed networks.
- Perform analysis for collaboration of network / system needs and participate in planning, designing, upgrading and deployment of enterprise datacenter hardware and software using a project based timeline.
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. In lieu of a degree, four (4) years of additional experience is required. In addition the following certifications and skills are required: CISSP, MCSA, CCNP or higher, Firewall, and ITIL Foundation. Desired Qualifications
ITIL 4 Foundation certification or any ITIL v3 Intermediate certification. Any equivalent IAT-III certification, if not the certification listed above.
My SAIC Benefits.