Description CHENEGA GOVERNMENT CONSULTING, LLC
Company Job Title: Senior Network Engineer - CGC
Chenega Job Title:Engineer IV, Network
Clearance:SecretLocation: Arlington, VA
Reports To:Program ManagerFLSA Status:Exempt, Full Time, Regular, SalariedPrepared Date:05/09/2017Approved Date: 05/09/2017 Summary:
Chenega Government Consulting, LLC is seeking a Senior Network Engineer
to provide desktop and network infrastructure services in support of DEA. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
- Direct hands-on experience in a large, operational WAN environment to include Active Directory experience.
- Administration and configuration of Cisco ISE “Identity Service Engine” to include updating the IOS, full configuration of new ISE appliances, entry into the MAB, and confirmation of MAC entries. Also to include oversite and survey of load balance, and TACACS support of ISE Policy Servers...
- Configuration of Cisco 1900, 2000. 3000, 4000, and 5000 series switches; specific emphasis on Cisco 3850 Series; Practical experience with IOS updates. Data and power stacking; ISE switch configuration; Multiple VLAN support.
- Configuration of Cisco 800 and 4300 series Routers. Emphasis on IOS updates both locally and remotely. Practical experience with configuration and support of 4300 series blade modules and virtual 4351 router modules.
- Installation of hardware and software on workstations, including trouble shooting hardware and software failures.
- CONUS and OCONUS support of all network device will include remote support for installation teams, direct hands-on support of devices, direct remote support of devices utilizing various network tools, travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations to provide direct support during installations and technical refresh activities.
· Create and configure DHCP scopes. These scopes will be for workstations and printers, both in a local and remote environment.
- Administrator and configure Firewall and Proxy settings on high speed internet.
- Support the management of DHCP servers and ensure the stability of the network and network devices to include, but not limited to, network connected printers, workstations, switches, routers, servers, TACLANES, Security Panels, other security devices.
- PUTTY and use of TACACTS to access WAN connected Cisco switches to validate stable connectivity, configuration, and to view error log files.
- Initiate implementation and integration of multiple LANs in a Windows 2008, 2012, and 2013 environments.
- Daily management of IP addresses enterprise wide.
· Other duties as assigned Supervisory Responsibilities:
· Site and task leads as assigned Minimum Qualifications:
( To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical discipline or equivalent experience in lieu of degree is required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in network engineering.
· DEA Secret clearance is required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in network administration and network infrastructure support.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
· Ability to write reports and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Prioritize and plan work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; Ethics:
· Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values. Physical Demands:
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Work Environment :
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
· During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise. Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.