Strategic Systems is actively seeking a Senior Network Engineer-Voice in beautiful downtown Phoenix, AZ. This is a fulltime permanent position that will be needed onsite at the downtown office.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager this position will be responsible for leading and improving the IT Collaboration Engineering practice to ensure that Central’s voice, video, and collaboration platforms are designed, planned, and implemented in a stable, secure, and supportable way. Key to this position will be the ability to collaborate directly with the business and IT/IS department resources to deliver enterprise-wide solutions that meet and exceed requirements. This role will also mentor members of the Network Operations Collaboration team to foster the development of their technical expertise and business knowledge. This role will also provide direct end-user collaboration platform support as needed on the phone and in person.
- Work directly with the business to capture technical functional and non-functional requirements required to achieve business objectives
- Installation, configuration, optimization, and maintenance of Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Unity Connection, Unified Contact Center Express, Expressway, CER, voice gateways, etc.
- Investigate utilization trends, vendor information, and functionality requests in order to make platform design recommendations to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and cost of service solutions
- Monitor and test system performance and provide performance statistics and reports to ensure service levels are met
- Recommend and execute modifications to system environments in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance
- Plan and implement system upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches
- Evaluate and recommend alternate service delivery technologies including hosting of Collaboration services in the Cloud.
- WebEx Administration, tuning and support
- Escalating system issues; provide timely response to escalations
- Develop and maintain design and support documentation
- Assist other IS team members with hardware and operating system support and deployments
- Other duties as required
- BS/BA in computer technology or related field preferred
- Senior network engineer with 8-10 years of hand-on voice networking experience. CCIE certified or CCIE-level experience.
- Experience with Cisco Network, Voice and Video components required along with 5+ years of Cisco Collaboration Systems (CUCM, UCCX, CUC) experience
- Deep understanding of SIP messages
- UCCX scripting
- Advanced troubleshooting skills (CUCM traces, SIP debugging on voice gateways)
- WebEx interoperability between different vendors
- Advanced QoS
- Knowledge and experience with Cloud hosting of Collaboration services preferred
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP Networking required
- Strong knowledge of both TDM and SIP telecommunications protocols required
- May require participation in a 24x7 on-call rotation for Level 2 and 3 Support
- Ability to lift/move computers, peripheral equipment, and supplies (50Lbs)
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Infrequently domestic travel required
***For consideration email your resume directly to