Please send resume in Word format if you are interested in this Senior Network Engineer role in Wilmington, MA 01887. Salary for this role is $100K-$125K plus a great benefits package.
Candidates must possess an in-depth understanding of all aspects of Networking as well a next generation firewalls.
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for supporting all data and voice communications systems for our client. In support of enterprise’s mission, the Senior Network Engineer strives to provide all approved users of the enterprise with uninterrupted access to network resources in all office locations, wireless, Internet and remote connectivity to the enterprise’s network. The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for educating approved enterprise users and professional IT staff on the proper use of the company’s wired and wireless infrastructure.
Problems and Challenges
The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for a complex, state-of-the-art communication network that will be rapidly changing to support the enterprise’s growth and development of new business opportunities. They are challenged with providing a secure voice, data and network environment that are reliable, flexible, and cost effective.
Essential Position Functions
- Manage/configures SD-WAN.
- Manage/configures routers, switches and all related WAN equipment.
- Monitors WAN for outages and works with vendors to resolve all issues.
- Manages and configures hardware associated with wireless and wired LANs.
- Manage and configures Next Generation Firewalls.
- Troubleshoot issues as they relate to WAN, Wireless, and LAN.
- Administer the companies Cisco VOIP phone system.
- Provides planning and technical support for installations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 10+ years’ experience managing Cisco routers and switches.
- 3+ years’ experience working with Cisco wireless
- Experience working with Next Generation Firewalls
- Experience with SD-WAN preferred.
- Cisco VOIP experience preferred.
- Member of on-call rotation.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to deal with equipment vendors
- Demonstrated success in installing, customizing, developing, implementing and maintaining network systems developed internally and / or in conjunction with outside vendors.
- Experience designing, implementing, and providing second level network support for the WAN, wireless, routed network, and LAN at all company facilities.