Apex Systems has an opening for a DIRECT HIRE Sr Network Engineer in the Charlotte, NC area. If you are interested, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Role: Sr Network Engineer
Job Description: Summary:
The Sr. Network Engineer is responsible for serving as the SME across all Network and Network Security technologies, with a particular focus on security and automation. The successful applicant will have good business acumen, ensuring that prescribed solutions are appropriate for the situation and seamlessly accommodate existing and proposed business processes and requirements.
The applicant will lead the design of solutions leveraging existing and emerging networking technologies from Cisco, Fortinet, HP and others and will have a deep understanding of Cloud, Security, Routing and Wireless Technologies
The successful applicant will be a self-starting, naturally curious and innovative thought-leader, leveraging original thought to initiate and improve business processes and their applications through network technologies. An Outcome-orientation is also expected, with an understanding that the merits of any technical solution are based entirely on the ability to meet and satisfy business requirements.
The applicant will act as an example for the clients' employees and customers, typifying the characteristics and traits that demonstrate a commitment to deploy industry-leading technologies that solve business problems efficiently, effectively and within budgetary constraints.
• In a Microsoft Azure cloud environment, plans, evaluates, coordinates, tests, installs and successfully implements new and existing hardware and software across physical media, protocol stacks, switches, routers, firewalls, intrusion detection devices, and other network components.
• Experience with the major architectural configurations of Microsoft Exchange: Cloud-base, On-Premise and Hybrid.
• Demonstrated proficiency with scripting, with an emphasis on programmatic instantiation and configuration management of cloud-based environments.
• Performs problem isolation and resolution of network problems through troubleshooting and devising effective solutions Installs patches and maintains accurate records of network changes and patch/update levels
• Performs network management functions such as network monitoring, maintenance, IA, performance measurement and reporting
• Performs updates to network devices including firewalls, NIDS, switches, routers and crypto devices
• Acts as escalation point for any customer service concern or need that cannot be immediately resolve by the Service Desk.
• Maintains technical expertise in all relevant areas of network technologies including hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
• Proposes solutions to management that meet communication requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings
• Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions, network policies, and procedures Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems
• Imparts knowledge on other members of the team, through objective feedback and training.
• May need to coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
• 6+ years of directly relevant experience with industry network products
• 5+ years of direct, hands-on experience deploying and configuring within cloud instances
• Experience working with Microsoft Azure cloud technologies or similar cloud technologies
• Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), log analysis, malware analysis, network traffic flow, traffic and packet analysis
• Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with tools used for security analysis (e.g., tcpdump, Wireshark, snort, ngrep, nmap, strings, hexdump, md5sum, systools)
• Experience with Security Event Incident Management, Log Correlation and Network Behavior Anomaly detection systems (ArcSight, QRadar , Splunk, Mazu, Arbor, etc)
• Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with IDS systems (e.g., SNORT, SourceFire, Proventia, BroIDS) Demonstrated experience with one of more of the following: BGP, IGRP, DNS, VVRP, resilient network design, VLAN's, VPN's, NetFlow, packet capture technologies
• Experience and/or familiarity with ACLs, IAVAs, and Certification & Accreditation (ICD 503/DCID 6/3) processes as they apply to network engineering lifecycles
• Proficiency with MS Office Applications Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations
• Technical understanding of cybersecurity attack techniques and associated mitigation techniques for networks
• Experience or familiarity with Agile development methodology
• BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR Computer Systems Engineering. Related work experience and certifications may be substituted for general degree level education.
If interested in this position please send your resume to Brianne Davis as email@example.com
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.