BDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
BDO Digital, LLC, a subsidiary of BDO USA, LLP, provides a holistic portfolio of technology, transformation services and solutions. We are an organization that values your time, talent, and contributions. Collaborate with BDO Digital’s cross-disciplinary team who work together to solve digital needs and unearth new opportunities to drive competitive advantage. Our commitment to each other is why BDO Digital is a recognized leader for our culture, employee satisfaction and career growth. We’re looking for people with the same drive; to combine teamwork with technology to produce amazing results.
This role will be responsible for project-based work focused on discovery, design and implementation within various environments. Common technologies used will be switches/routers/wireless (mostly HPE and Cisco) including dynamic routing protocols (BGP, OSPF), firewalls (FortiGate, Palo Alto and Cisco ASA/FTD) and cloud (Azure and AWS) networking.
- Remote administration and troubleshooting of switches, routers, and firewalls from multiple vendors. Routing protocols to include Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
- Configuration, installation and management of multiple network security systems to include next-gen UTM firewalls
- Cloud networking including VNet provisioning, gateway/NSG integration and WAN/VNet peering.
- Designs and implements wireless architectures including centralized management with local forwarding and authentication
- Performs network assessments and wireless surveys
- Monitors, diagnoses and analyzes TCP/IP and associated protocols
- Deploys edge gateways, such as IDS/IPS, email filtering and web content filtering
- Deploys related technology including Microsoft Active Directory, virtualization, storage, backup and security solutions
- Triage and resolves escalations from within the Infrastructure team within defined customer SLAs
- Serves as the technical lead and subject matter expert on projects, overseeing the work of others and being accountable for the outcome of client projects
- Other duties as required
- High School diploma or GED equivalent, required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Information Technology or Computer Science, preferred
- Four (4) or more years of experience supporting and implementing network routers/switches/firewalls, required
- Four (4) or more years of supporting LAN technologies; DNS, DHCP, VLAN, SIP, QoS, spanning-tree, bandwidth profile policies, multi chassis switch stacking, link aggregation, etc., required
- Four (4) or more years of experience with WAN technologies/routing protocols; OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, RIP, VoIP, NAT, etc., required
- Experience working in a consulting environment, preferred
- CCNA, MCSE, MCITP certification, preferred
One of the following, required:
- WAN / LAN technologies
- Routers, Switches, Firewalls
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of network protocols, configurations, and operations preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot technical Tier 2 and 3 escalation issues and identify solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, professionalism, positive attitude and desire to learn
Keywords: Infrastructure, Cloud Networking, VNet, ISG, NOC, Network Engineer, Network Operations, Engineer, Tier 2, Tier Two, Tier 3, Tier Three, Remote Support, Escalation, Firewall, Router, Switch, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, CCNA, VLAN, STP, SSL, VTP, NAT, MPLS, VoIP
Grand Rapids, Indianapolis, Milwaukee