SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER (JUNI-21-0527-F):
Bowhead is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to support one of its clients in Fort Meade, MD. The Senior Network Engineer will provide on-site support of Network Products. The Senior Network Engineer will be required to develop and maintain expertise on the products deployed within the customer's network.
Responsibilities may include:
• Expert level relationship management, communications skills and interpersonal skills to manage face to face communications daily with multiple levels of customer management and engineering staff across multiple departments within the host company in a responsible and professional fashion
• Expert level troubleshooting methodology to isolate and identify configuration, design, and software anomalies; ability to clearly articulate findings in written and verbal communications with development level engineering staff
• Ability to apply knowledge to real world scenarios
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work calmly under pressure
• Self-starter, team player, personable, enthusiastic, hardworking, and enjoy interfacing with customers on a day to day basis
• It would be a plus to have hands-on configuration and operational knowledge of other vendor products and their operation
• The ability to see a need and insert/suggest Juniper technology and reach to the sales team to suggest same
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
• Ability to prioritize work activity to achieve customer and account team goals
• Ability to effectively work independently and function in a team environment
• Understanding of the customer's organizational structure and familiarity with the customer's network implementation and support processes and procedures
• Ability to effectively work under pressure with customer engineers and JTAC to resolve hardware and software issues and implement solutions
• Ability to effectively troubleshoot equipment and network problems and to open and track JTAC cases through to problem resolution on pre and post production issues
• Facilitate equipment Return Material Authorizations (RMA's) and track these through to problem resolution
• Ability to effectively communicate case status updates and deliver root cause analysis
• Support informal and formal technology briefings and training sessions
• A Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and experience
Experience with Juniper Products: MX, EX, QFX, SRX, CTP
• Experience with Software Define Networking (SDN) and automation a plus
• Well-rounded experience in all characteristics of networking to include: routing, switching, security and data center
• Deep understanding of routing & switching technologies surrounding IP Service Provider concepts to include OSPF, IS-IS, IGRP, BGP, EGP, MPLS, L3VPN, L2VPN, VPLS, VXLAN, EVPN, multicast, associated tunneling technologies (GRE, IPsec, etc.), and common/best practices
• Strong understanding of layer 2 technologies when applied to maintaining and designing enterprise networks
• Motivation, a self-starter that can take direction but also identify and engage in areas to improve network operations and design
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Top Secret/SCI Full Scope Poly level. US Citizenship is a requirement for a Top Secret/SCI Full Scope Poly clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC's Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant's resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
#LI-JS1 UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)