Sr Network Engineer
We're looking for people who've worked in many network environments with many vendors and that is results oriented, energetic and highly motivated. Plans, designs, and implements networked systems, including configurations; supporting/troubleshooting network problems; coordinating with vendors for installation of such items as routers, switches and firewalls; project implementation; providing training and assisting with proposal writing.
- Provide key input around defining and delivering overall network strategy and transformation aligned with key business initiatives.
- Proactively checking network performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Provide technical support as needed to maintain network operation objective
- Works closely with other network engineers and cross-functional teams, review, execute technical designs and provide technical direction.
- Evaluate, define and develop new and existing reference standards and their adoption, to successfully on-board services with speed, quality and efficiency.
- Participate in an on-call (24x7) support rotation with other members of the Network group.
- Informed and involved in all infrastructure disruption with relevancy in Data Center to deliver a Global Infrastructure strategic roadmap.
- Develop written procedures, engineering drawings, and other technical documentation.
- Minimum of 7+ years of hands on experience designing and supporting enterprise level networks.
- Certification (Required)
- Strong knowledge in Enterprise architecture, infrastructure deployments and solutions design
- Strong hands-on experience in implementing, administering, and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices, including: firewalls, routers, switches, and load balancers
- Extensive hands-on experience in EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, and MPLS, and other routing protocols.
- Experience in firewall technologies such as Checkpoint, Cisco, Palo Alto
- Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple projects.
- Experience in designing network transformation for mergers and acquisition is a plus
- BS degree in CS, MIS, or equivalent experience