Who We Are
At Christian Care Ministry we believe that Christians can, and should, share in one another’s burdens. Through the use of Medi-Share®, a healthcare sharing ministry for Christians, we cultivate that belief.
Everyone at Christian Care Ministry agrees to our Statement of Faith which outlines our core beliefs. Although we aren’t perfect people, we are serving our perfect God to the best of our ability.
We work hard to serve our members, but know we can only do that if we invest in our employees professionally, financially, physically, and spiritually. Through times of prayer, weekly Chapel services, plenty of professional development, an onsite gym, 401(k) and, great benefits, we purposefully invest in our employees so that our employees can invest in others.
The Sr. Network Engineer provides day-to-day hands on support to the organization servers, virtualized environment, applications, networking and mobile devices. This position may direct the responsibilities and prioritized the duties of the Tier I level Help Desk support team. This position interfaces directly with internal customers and various departments, troubleshooting user issues to resolution. Other areas of support include LAN support, break/fix, software/hardware upgrades, patch management, and application installs, user support/training, and other related duties as assigned.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards
- Maintain a Cisco centric network environment, including but not limited to Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco Switches and Cisco Wireless
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Monitor, troubleshoot and escalate to the appropriate vendor when necessary WAN/LAN connections
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Maintain and monitor Dell Storage arrays
- Maintain, monitor and test VMware as it relates to SRM (Site Recovery Manager)
- Execute monthly testing of Disaster Recovery
- Serve as lead technical advisor on disaster recovery planning and testing
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- This position requires extensive, sometimes 24-7 customer interaction, and timely responsiveness to issues and questions
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
Essential Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of troubleshooting network procedures and best practices
- Experience with network challenges associated with systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity analysis and system architecture design
- Demonstrated experience in the use of network analysis tools
- Experience with data center networking and networking technologies
- Experience managing internal or client-facing projects to completion and troubleshooting clients’ technical issues
- Detail oriented, task driven with excellent communication skills
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to engage users in a professional manner and present technical concepts plainly to semi-technical customers
- Desire to learn new technologies and apply them to customer use cases
Core Competencies/Demonstrable Behaviors
- Collaborates – builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet objectives. This role requires a high level of internal customer interaction to meet objectives
- Manages Conflict – handles conflict situations effectively. This role requires to patiently and with humility accept that not every customer will appreciate our benefit programs and treat every customer with grace and respect
- Interpersonal Savvy – relates openly and comfortably with a diverse group of people. Must be able to communicate effectively and build engagement across all audiences
- Drives Results – consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances and tight deadlines. Benefit open enrollment season requires hard and fast deadlines to be met 100% of the time.
- Situational Adaptability – adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Courage – ability to have tough conversations and deliver accurate advice and decisions regardless of risk or potential criticism
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology related field with 1-3 years’ experience or 5-7 years’ experience in an IT environment required
- Active Cisco Certified Network Administrator preferred
- VMware Certified Professional preferred