Senior (Level 3) Network Operations Engineer
Provide Senior (Level 3) operations engineering expertise to large, complex enterprise LAN and WAN client in predominantly Cisco networking environment:
- Provide operations Change, Incident and Problem management resolution and escalation support in complex networking environment by managing incident and change ticket queues
- Scripting, planning and execution of network Change Management process.
- Act as technical escalation support for Level 2 operations engineers.
- Provide leadership and escalations for change and incident bridges
- Investigate network issues and bring to resolution within stated SLA parameters
- Provide Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to operations team and customers upon request
- Provide technical leadership (both verbal and written) for Incident and Change
- 4-year Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering.
Experience / Background
- 4+ years data networking experience (LAN, WAN) in large, complex enterprise installations.
- 2+ years experience with internetworking technology including firewalls and load balancers
Accreditation / Certification / Licenses
- Required Certifications or equivalent experience: CCNA, CCDA, CCNP
- Cisco Security Specialization
- Cisco VPN Specialization
- Checkpoint CCSA or CCSE
- F5 Certification
Previous Job Experience
- Network operations experience and expertise in a variety of predominantly Cisco LAN and WAN in large, complex, enterprise environment
- Experience with Firewall technology is a must
- Experience implementing/managing WAN circuits
- Experience using network analysis, management and performance monitoring tools to plan for growth, diagnose problems and determine source.
- Working on comprehensive projects in complex networking environment
- Experience implementing/managing EIGRP/BGP routing protocols in an enterprise network environment
- Experience implementing VLAN technology in an enterprise environment
Supervisory Responsibilities No direct Supervisory Responsibilities, but serves as escalation point for L2 level technicians with on call responsibilities rotating with other L3s
Special Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Technical leadership skills
- Time Management / Self Management
- Independent Work Skills
- Cisco ASA and CSA experience
- Working knowledge or direct experience with other networking devices such as the following:
- Checkpoint/Cisco firewalls a plus
- Loadbalancing (F5/BigIP)
- In-depth Routing Protocols experience and operational knowledge: EIGRP, BGP, RIP
- Proven operations experience and desire
- Working knowledge of collaboration tools such as email, WebEx and video technologies.
- Working knowledge of MPLS, DS3, T1, OC3, ISDN, Frame Relay, SONET, ATM, Site-to-site VPN and DSL and other bandwidth link specifications.
- HSRP environment experience
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP enhancements such as multi-cast, QOS techniques, bandwidth and path reservation techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of the configuration and maintenance of routers, hubs, bridges, and switches.
- Familiar with both open-source and commercial sniffer products (tcpdump, ethereal)
Cincinnati Bell Technology Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.