Our Vision is to change the way the world communicates. Our Mission is to connect people and things.
We are re-imagining the way people watch TV with services like Sling and AirTV. We are redefining the boundaries of communication and connectivity too, with our planned green field 5G cloud native network build out and the Internet of Things. Nothing is out of our reach, and the opportunity to shape the future of entertainment and technology has never been more tangible.
This position will focus on network technologies and work with other team members who focus on systems, storage, and security systems. This position will be a member of the Infrastructure Team which is responsible for designing, provisioning & managing core systems, network, data center & load balancing physical and virtual infrastructure 24/7/365 for the systems and platform delivering the SlingTV product. This includes Development, QA and Production infrastructure. Members of this team are known as subject matter experts in Networking, Storage, Compute, Capacity and Operating Systems. Most of the members of the team have a particular skill set but over time have developed capabilities to resolve complex infrastructure issues.
Your team will be...
- Delivering physical and virtual infrastructure to support the entire Sling TV service.
- Maintaining a highly available nationwide network of video delivery and metadata systems.
- Meeting and exceeding the requirements of our customers with highly reliable and high performance infrastructure systems.
- Continuing our efforts to realize a robust hybrid cloud infrastructure
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to be...
- Highly self-motivated, driven & hard working
- Not afraid to fail or share your perspective
- An active learner
- A believer in data driven decisions
- Able to work independently and clearly present results and recommendations
- A team player. We have a great group of diverse folks working together in harmony. Big egos and "super heroes" need not apply.
- Have 5+ years of professional enterprise infrastructure engineering experience, building and managing highly available enterprise grade networks.
- Have 5+ years of experience with network infrastructure including most of the following components:
- Routers / Switches (Arista & Brocade)
- Firewalls (Palo Alto)
- Load Balancers (F5, Brocade)
- AWS Networking
- Wireless (Aruba)
- Have 5+ years of experience with the following networking technologies:
- Routing Protocols (BGP & OSPF)
- VRFs, VLANs, VRRP, LACP, MLAG
- TACACS / Rancid / GIT
- IPSec VPN
- DNS / DHCP
- NAT / SNAT
- IP Multicast
- VPC, Transit Gateway, NAT Gateway, ALB/ELB, Security Groups
- Follow Network Architecture standards
- Experience scripting to automate infrastructure tasks (Python, Bash, other)
- Have a Working knowledge of Linux networking constructs
- Have a 4-year college degree in Computer Science / Information Technology/ Engineering OR equivalent professional experience
- Be available to work onsite out of our American Fork, UT office
Here are some of the key technologies that make up our environment. While we do not expect you to have a detailed understanding of each, the more of these you are familiar with the better. In order of importance for this position.
Compute: VMware, Cisco UCS, AWS
- Web scale, distributed systems
- Storage: Pure Storage, Isilon, AWS
- Network: Arista, F5, Palo Alto, AWS
- Programming Languages: Python, Bash, Go, Java, etc
- Core Data services: Confluent Stack, Kafka, Couchbase, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Redis, etc
- Core platform services: Linux, Kubernetes, Docker, Rancher, Consul, AWS, Jaeger, gRPC, Istio, Google Cloud Platform, NGINX, Varnish, etc
- CI/CD & DevSecOps tools: Gitlab, Jenkins, Artifactory, OWASP, Vault, Salt Stack, Terraform, etc
- Automated testing of applications, Continuous Integration (CI), TDD, and/or BDD
Compensation: $114,885.00/Yr. - $181,930.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.