Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Senior Network Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Network Engineer on our Dell EMC team in IT Infrastructure.
Have you ever wondered what it takes to run a cloud infrastructure at scale? Do you enjoy a challenge and improving services already at scale? Our team of engineers at Dell/EMC work to design, build and operate a cloud backup solution at scale. We are looking for a hands-on Network Engineer who has a solid foundation in network implementations, understands the role of network operations and can participate in design discussions and best practices. Initially, this person would engage in knowledge transfer, gathering technical requirements and specifics to create a new network build and manage network refresh projects. This role also encompasses day-to-day management functions for an international presence and private network operations. Responsibilities would include the following:
- Participate in network design and process discussions
- Create diagrams of WAN and LAN topology
- Create rack elevation drawings
- Create configuration cutsheets
- Implement network designs as needed or refresh for existing networks
- Process operational tasks/tickets
Must to have Skills and Experience:
- CCNP level of networking knowledge – LAN, WAN, Firewall, Wireless
- 5 Years hands-on and/or Solutions Architect experience
- BGP, OSPF, and MPLS routing protocols
- Cisco ACE load balancers and similar firewalls
- Experience with DIA and DCI circuits
- Layer 1 Infrastructure background / knowledge
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Solid Cisco routing and switching
- Experience with firewall technologies such as ACE, Palo Alto, or Juniper
- Understanding of address management and network monitoring such as Infoblox and Nagios
- Microsoft Visio or similar diagram tools
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment. Apply now!
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here
Hopkinton, Massachusetts, United States
Remote - Utah, United States
Draper, Utah, United States