Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services. Senior Network Engineer
Hermitage, TN / Suwanee, GA
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation. Work you'll do
You will be responsible for network design, planning, installation, and support for Enterprise Data Center networks. Translates business objectives into cohesive network recommendations and solutions. Manages the planning and designing of new networks, establishes technical standards, and ensures appropriate interface capabilities with other networks and systems. Evaluates and implements new products available through outside vendors.
- Responsible for the day-to-day activities of design, analysis, planning, and implementation of network components.
- Provides SME level problem resolution support of Data Center networking.
- Leads the development and evaluation of network performance criteria and measurement methods.
- Evaluates the analysis of the short-term or long-term capacity needs for switching, routing, and Data Center WAN connectivity.
- Evaluates network architecture design, in addition to feasibility and cost studies.
- Develops alternative routing scenarios and changes in required sequence of network activities.
- Implements and supports Software Defined Networking solutions for the Data Center network environment.
- Responsible for solving / resolution of complex Data Center network issues.
- Provides automation and scripting solutions within the Data Center network environment.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,500 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Technology & Infrastructure
The Technology and Infrastructure Organization works together to transform how ITS deploys technologies and services to meet the dynamic needs of Deloitte professionals and help increase their productivity. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and / or 8+ years of work related experience required.
- Advanced knowledge and experience configuring and supporting Enterprise LAN / WAN Infrastructure.
- Solid experience designing and supporting Data Center legacy networking.
- Strong knowledge of OSPF and BGP routing protocols.
- Solid understanding of Spanning Tree, VLANs, and TCP/IP.
- Demonstrated understanding of implementing and supporting Software Defined Networking - Cisco ACI.
- Experience implementing network automation.
- Ability to provide end to end network problem resolution.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Provide afterhours support as needed.
How you'll grow
- Cisco certifications preferred.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and culture inspires our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be balanced, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are constantly looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.