Morristown, NJ Description:
Senior Network Engineer position available
Permanent Role - must be able to accept employment directly.
Strong LAN, WAN, and Azure Architecture.
The Senior Network Engineer's main role is to maintain, secure, optimize, expand and support our clients network infrastructure. The hands-on Senior Network Engineer to analyze, implement, design, operationalize and manage local LAN networks, company WAN and cloud networks on a global level spanning multiple time zones.
The Senior Network Engineer reports to the Manager IT Infrastructure.
Local Area Network (LAN) and Wireless Network Design, Implementation, and Maintenance
1. Design physical and logical local area network architecture
2. Install, configure, and qualify networking equipment and wiring
3. Implement changes to network equipment and configuration according to business requirements
4. Manage firmware/operating system updates to network equipment and wireless network equipment
5. Manage authentication and access control
6. Wide Area Network Design, Implementation, and Maintenance
1. Design physical and logical wide area network architecture to support connectivity between physical sites
2. Install, configure, and qualify wide area networking equipment
3. Implement changes to network equipment and configuration according to business requirement
4. Install, configure and maintain perimeter threat management devices (firewalls, intrusion monitors, advance threat
5. Manage firmware/operating system updates to network equipment
6. Manage authentication and access control
7. Azure Virtual Network Design, Implementation and Maintenance
1. Design virtual network architecture
2. Setup, configure and qualify virtual network
3. Implement changes to virtual network and configuration according to business requirements
4. Ensure optimization and performance of the hardware, software and virtual infrastructure.
8. Voice over IP
1. Provide technical support for Voice over IP telephony system
2. Provide end user support for VOIP services
3. Provide end user account management support
9. Network Monitoring and Troubleshooting
1. Monitor local area and wide area network utilization and capacity
2. Monitor for indications of network based electronic threats and respond to suspected security breaches
3. Troubleshoot network performance issues
10. Network Security
1. Ensure that network infrastructure is secured
11. Proactively protect and monitor for network vulnerabilities and resolve Vendor Management
1. Manage incident reporting and tracking with external providers of data and voice communication services
2. Manage equipment support agreements for network equipment
3. Partner with vendors and understands critical information about future technologies.
4. Manage and scope 3rd party vendor support.
12. Equipment Management
1. Manage and maintain network equipment and associated software
2. Maintain inventory of network equipment
3. Manage backup of configurations
1. Provide support to local site IT staff with network troubleshooting, diagnostics, and configuration
2. Provide network support for remote sites with no IT staff present
3. Provide technical support for troubleshooting access to corporate network
4. Ensure network is always available and reliable. Own 24x365 network operation and management.
1. Develop and maintain network design documentation
2. Lead the production and maintenance of processes, procedures, operational, and architectural documentation.
Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology related field or equivalent experience.
5+ years of experience as network professional.
Ability to quickly learn and understand emerging technologies.
Cisco Certifications: CCNP or CCIE or equivalent. Specific experience with both Cisco, Meraki and HPE equipment
Experience with configuration and management of firewall, edge security, and threat management devices. Specific
experience with Sonicwall, Cisco ASA and FortiGate desirable.
Experience with configuration and management of enterprise WiFi networks. Specific experience with Meraki wireless
Experience with AAA network authentication and Windows Network Policy Server (NPS/RADIUS)
Experience with Azure virtual networking
Strong interpersonal skills; functions well in a team environment.
Excellent written and verbal communication.
Excellent time management and attention to detail is essential. Desired
Experience configuring and managing Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager).
Windows Server management skills
VMWare/Hyper-V management skills
Prior experience managing technology in a GxP regulated environment. Joy Provenzano, VP- Recruiting, The Judge Group
90 Matawan Rd, Suite 102, Matawan, NJ 07747
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com