LongView International has an opening on our team for a Network Engineer to work in our Federal Sector supporting Department of Commerce. This role requires hands on experience with racking and stacking equipment, configuring Cisco devices such as firewalls, routers and switches and the ability to create, update and maintain network documentation.
Essential Job Duties:
- Review existing network designs and core network switch configurations to ensure they meet the latest security guidelines and that the network is running at optimum levels.
- Configure and maintain Cisco devices such as router, switches, Nexus switches and firewalls
- Recommend updates and changes to the existing WAN network design, LAN design, and wireless network design
- Recommend updates and changes for the existing core network switch configurations
- Generate network designs for new DOC locations or renovated spaces
- Experience with implementing TACLANES
- Generate Bill of Materials (BOM) for new network projects in new or renovated DOC locations
- Design network switch base line configurations for new models of network switches that do not have established baselines.
- Conduct market research for DOC network projects.
- Engineer wired network solutions for future DOC projects.
- Develop and maintain accurate network documentation and network diagrams
- Perform network assessments and security audits.
- Review existing WAN and LAN designs which are in one of the following formats: Visio, CAD, PDF, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Expert experience with configuring Palo Alto & Cisco Firewall appliances
- Support Cisco VOIP technologies
- Understanding and knowledge of ATO process
- Manage switches, routers, firewalls, application delivery controllers/load-balancers, wireless, VPN and security devices
- Develop implementation plans and carry out change effectively and successfully
- Monitor the network to ensure acceptable performance and availability, and identify and resolve network problems
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, and 4 to 6 years of related Enterprise Computing Environment experience.
- Cisco Nexus expertise
- Cisco Certification - CCNA and/or CCNP is preferred
- Network + Certification is preferred
- Ability to analyze an existing network, identify improvements and make recommendations
- Expertise with TCP/IP networking, Layer 2 switching, Layer 3 routing, Cisco hardware and software, firewalls, network monitoring, and data center management
- Experience with WAN optimization, application delivery/load balancing (F5 or Citrix NetScaler), VMware, and SAN/NAS storage.
**TS//SCI Security Clearance Required**