Senior Network Engineer
Job Description: Leidos is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to work in Hillsboro, Oregon to support the US Army Corps of Engineers IT program.
Will perform high-level systems analysis, evaluation, integration, documentation, and implementation of very complex application that require a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Perform a variety of network management services related to the operation, performance, or availability of data communications networks.
- Modify command language programs, network start-up files, assign/reassign network device logically, analyze network performance, and recommend adjustments to a wide variety of complex network management functions.
- Responsibility for overall performance and availability of networks.
- Provide LAN/MAN/WAN network support with skill in network analysis, integration, and tuning.
- Analyze client LANs/MANs/WANs, in order to isolate source of problems.
- Recommend a reconfiguration and implementation of new network hardware to increase performance when appropriate.
- Oversee management of network operating systems.
- Work with customers and operations staff in scheduling preventive and emergency maintenance.
1. Analyze requirements and verify LAN/WAN network configurations consistent with both short and long-term objectives.
2. Install, maintain and monitor network operations.
3. Reporting of network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information and managing network projects.
4. Secures network systems by establishing and following ACE-IT and USAGE policies; defining and monitoring access to network resources.
5. Maximize network performance by monitoring, troubleshooting, scheduling upgrades, collaborating with network architect and other network engineers.
6. Establishes network environment by designing system configuration, directing systems installation, defining documenting and enforcing system standards.
7. Research and solve complex problems regarding data communication failures.
8. Assist with Training personnel in data communication operations and procedures.
9. Serve as a communications technical resource.
10. Performs other duties and assignments as required. Material & Equipment Use:
Network Routers, switches, load balancers, personal computers, printers, network test equipment and other other general office equipment. Working Environment:
Works in general office environment including computer rooms (data centers) Physical Activities:
May on occasions install equipment and/or cabling for other teams systems within the Data Center. Work may require lifting up to 50 lbs., stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting. Required Experience and Qualifications:
One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education)-
Master s degree and 6 years experience or Bachelor s degree and 8 years experience in Computer Science or related field.
This position requires DoD I 8570.01-M IAT Level III certification and corresponding Computing Environment certification.
CISSP, CASP, CCNP Security Computing Environment:
Must have at least one of the following: CCNA, CCNA Data Center, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCNA Wireless, CCNA Service Provider, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCNP Voice, CCNP Wireless, CCNP Service Provider, CCIE, CCIE Security, CCIE Voice, CCIE Wireless, CCIE Service Provider. Clearance Level:
Current Secret clearance OR ability to obtain Secret and SSBI
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.