Description Job Description:
Leidos is currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer in support of the AFINC II contract for the highly visible 26th Network Operations Squadron (26 NOS) at Maxwell Air force Base-Gunter Annex, Alabama, which provides a world-wide support mission. The 26 NOS is responsible for the intranet support of the entire Air Force network. The mission of the 26 NOS is to operate and defend the Air Force (AF) Enterprise computer network consisting of the AF Wide Area Network (WAN) routers, AF Network Increment 1 (AFNET Inc 1) Gateways, and the 26 NOS Local Area Network (LAN) assets.
The Network Engineer selected for this position manages the Air Force gateways, routers and switches for the AFINC program.
- Resolves network problems; operate network analyzers, WAN test equipment, and network simulators.
- Monitors data or infrastructure system networks for various messages, alarms, or issues. Activates scripts as alarms occur or issues surface.
- Confirms accuracy of messages, alarms or issues and/or determines severity of problem, issue or alarm.
- Initiates resolution as appropriate.
- Troubleshoots problems using scripts and standard, routine procedures; escalates as appropriate.
- Researches issues to determine if problem may be resolved using predefined procedures.
- Executes scheduled maintenance routines in accordance with standard procedures.
- Identifies issues or problems and resolves as appropriate; escalates when necessary.
- Performs 1-4 problem determination.
- Interfaces with users and/or network vendors.
- Designs, engineers and implements associated projects.
- Performs work within the defined SLAs
- Work closely with other support and development teams
- Create and update documentation where required
- Work independently and as a team member
- Support on-call rotation schedule
- Cross train capabilities with other team members
- Responsible for planning and designing network and telecommunications.
External Referral Bonus:
- BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must have an active Secret Clearance
- Cisco CCNP Certification
- AND one of the following IAT certifications: Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, or SSCP (or ability to obtain within 60 days)
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.