The qualified candidate should also have strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills with a keen attention to detail.
This position may require from 25% to 50% travel to various domestic customer locations.
Description of Work:
- Survey network requirements of remote customer offices, campus buildings, and Data Centers. Define equipment, cables, adapters and configurations needed to upgrade buildings and sites to established standard.
- Analyze current network configurations and determine implementation requirements.
- Configure routing protocols, complex switch networks, and Fabric Path configurations
- Prepare network equipment for deployment by loading appropriate software and configuration setting according to pre-engineered design templates.
- Assemble required equipment, cables, adapters, etc. and arrange delivery to site for installation.
- Upgrade configuration of existing network equipment to support new features and functions.
- Work with field installation contractors while they are on-site and provide all technical details to complete installations.
- Continually review the customer's network and practices looking for opportunities to enhance network functionality, performance and reliability.
- Assist in the evaluation of potential network products or technical solutions.
- Test LAN/WAN equipment software (i.e.: IOS, NXOS)
- Contribute to the development of network documentation, including diagrams, standards, specifications and operating procedures.
- Monitor for opportunities to enhance the customer network/system performance or reliability.
- Monitor for opportunities to improve the customer service delivery practices.
- Perform on-going management of network installation and upgrade projects and maintain deployment schedules.
- Provide guidance to team members and provide status metrics to the Government customer.
- Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
- Maintain and extend expertise in applicable areas of network and computer hardware and software technology.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Network Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or similar IT degrees and 5 years of relative experience; Master's degree in Computer Science,
Systems Engineering, Network Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or similar IT degrees and 3 years of relative experience.
- Cisco Certified Network Engineers must possess a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent level of Cisco Certification
-Minimum 3 years of hands-on network experience configuring routing protocols and switching configuration in medium (One Data Center and 600+ locations) or larger networks.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
- Must be US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Passed the Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert Written examination within the last one year
- Passed VMWare Data Center Virtualization or End User Computing examination or RedHat Certified System .Administrator or RedHat Certified Engineer examination.
- Knowledge of scripting language such as Python, Pearl,
- Hands-on experience with Cisco NXOS
- Knowledge of Wide Area Network technologies
- Knowledge of Local Area Network technologies such as Ethernet, wireless LAN as well as the physical media and equipment associated with each
- Knowledge of IP routing protocols and implementations
- Proficient with IPv4 and IPv6 addressing scheme
- Understanding of network connectivity for physical and virtualized servers and Storage Area Network (SAN)