Be more than just an employee. Join New Era’s growing team and experience a corporate culture that promotes personal and professional development. We are looking for team members to contribute to and deliver our mission to “securely connect people, places, and information in a rapidly changing digital world.” Work alongside the finest team of highly skilled and industry certified professionals who are encouraged to drive change and think outside of the box. As a team member, you will receive competitive benefits, industry training, and certifications.
New Era Technology is a global IT integrator with 1,500+ employees delivering Collaboration, Cloud, Data Networking, Security, Large Venue, and Corporate AV and Managed Service Solutions to more than 7,500 customers.
We currently have a need for a Senior Network Engineer to design and implement a new network. Global Financial Services, Pharmaceutical or Healthcare experience is strongly preferred.
- Develop and deploy scalable solutions for both global networks and data centers
- Identify, research, evaluate and implement emerging network technologies
- Maintain and manage the global network
- Responsible for configuration, installation and maintenance and in-depth troubleshooting tasks and documenting any network issues.
- Work with Network Planning teams to implement new solutions
- Manage multiple vendors and technologies
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with vendors
- Escalation of problems as appropriate to management.
- Support during and after network cut-overs and change to the environment
- 7+ years’ experience with enterprise-level network design and deployment
- Proficient with the design, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and monitoring of core routing and switching, LAN/WAN/ MAN services
- Proficient in routing protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, MPLS, MPLS-TP
- Solid experience in designing and supporting IP networks for voice, data and video in a Service Provider environment using SIP, MGoogle Cloud Platform, RTP, Multicasting, and Unicasting
- Experience with Nexus 9k, 7k, 5K, 2K configuration and design. 2 years’ experience with ASR’s
- Experience with SDWAN design and implementation
- Cloud base knowledge with AWS or Azure infrastructure
- Experience with Network Security, i.e. Cisco, Palo Alto, Fortinet
- F5 Load Balancing experience (LTM, GTM, ASM)
- Knowledge of Cisco Wireless LAN, helping with surveys and mounting of equipment
- Through understanding of IP concepts including routing, VLAN's, QoS, tuning and capacity management concepts
- Ability to analyze and design network systems to achieve efficient and secure operation
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP, including packet-level traffic analysis
- Current Cisco data networking certifications i.e. CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIE strongly preferred.
- Experience working in large enterprise networks is desired. The ability to work under pressure and interface with senior management will be key to these roles.