Do you want to be more than just an employee? Join New Era and become a member of our growing team. We are seeking dedicated members to help us on our mission to “securely connect people, places and information in a rapidly changing digital world”. New Era Technology is a global IT integrator delivering Collaboration, Cloud, Data Networking, Security, Large Venue and Corporate AV and Managed Service Solutions to more than 6,500 customers. At nearly 850 employees, New Era is comprised of the finest team of highly skilled and industry certified professionals who are encouraged to drive change and think outside of the box. As a member of our team, you will receive competitive benefits, industry training and certifications, and be valued as more than just an employee.
We currently have a need for a Senior Network Engineer supporting a Global Network Infrastructure Ultra-Low Latency Trading Environment. The ideal candidate will have ten years of relevant work experience in networks. Global Financial Services experience is required.
- Maintain LAN/WAN network, connectivity between all datacenters and financial extranets; contact vendors to establish connectivity; deploy and configure routers, switches, and security firewalls.
- Experience designing and configuring Arista and Cisco Switches and Routers, review technical requirements for deployment.
- Apply scripting and/or programming skills to automate network management, monitoring and reporting.
- Design and implement global Multicast – ULL environment.
- Manage cross-functional projects.
- Monitor latency, bandwidth utilization, and the general condition of the WAN; reporting on problems to the IT, Support and Trading teams on a real-time, 24x7 basis.
- Apply strong knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems, including stack and driver protocol optimizations and their interaction with the network.
- Work with application developers to tune and optimize real-time systems.
- Apply strong knowledge of key networking protocols such as IP, UDP, TCP and multicast in the design and deployment of our state-of-the-science trading network.
- Deep technical experience utilizing network latency management solutions.
- Experience with multicast required.
- Hands on experience with Cisco Nexus and Arista platforms.
- Proficient in routing protocols: TCP/IP, MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP/GLBP, Multicast, IP CEF.
- Advanced performance tuning and capacity management concepts.
- Through understanding of IP concepts including routing, VLAN's, QoS, tuning and capacity management concepts.
- Ability to analyze and design network systems to achieve efficient and secure operation.