We are seeking a Senior Network Engineer for our Boston, MA location. You will be responsible
for designing, maintaining and administering our company's computer networks that support our
customer-facing, highly-available web applications for Search, Big Data and Machine Learning and
the multi terabytes of data that support them. You will support a secure, enterprise class
infrastructure and disaster recovery operation for our applications that run on Linux in public and
private clouds located in state of the art colocation facilities.
You will maintain our computer networks, hardware, software, and other related systems
including NGFW support. You will support disaster recovery operations to our remote DR site.
You will protect data, software, and hardware from attacks. You will replace faulty network
hardware components when necessary and perform backups. Other duties include maintaining,
configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and email applications, monitoring network
performance to determine if adjustments need to be made. You will confer with network users in
order to identify potential issues and solve existing problems. You will design and create master
consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems, coordinating computer
network access and use.
BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical experience
demonstrating strong CS fundamentals. At least 5 years industry experience with 4+ years
working in Technical Operations / DevOps / System Administration.
Preferred Experience and Skills
• A strong focus on business outcomes
• Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
• Strong Linux (Red Hat/CentOS) operations and administration, including shell scripting
and system configuration.
• Experience with server performance and failure monitoring/diagnostics practices and
• Experience with Active Directory, Exchange, and LDAP
• Administration of Elasticsearch clusters.
• Experience working with Cloud services.
• Implementation experience with configuration management and automation (Chef
preferred; or Ansible, Puppet, etc).
• Experience supporting iSCSI SAN environments.
• Experience working with IaaS and SaaS.
• Experience with load balancer configuration, F5 BigIP preferred.
• Deep knowledge of network configuration, protocols, network applications, and tools
(LDAP, DNS, IMAP, NFS, SNMP, routing, Wireshark, etc.), at both the server and client
• Operational familiarity with NGFW, routing and switching platforms.