Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
Penn Medicine is looking for a Senior Network Engineer for the Information Services area!
The Senior Network Engineer resolves complex issues related to the coordination, control, design, support, and operation of specialized components of a network whether data, voice or video such as Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), and voice systems. Plans, configures, tests, maintains, troubleshoots and tunes complex network infrastructure such as routers, switches, gateways, firewall systems, multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, private branch exchange (PBX), call management system (CMS) and network security devices.
Minimum Requirements :
Degree Requirements and Minimum Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree required, in engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field
• Current Internal Penn Medicine Information Services division employees may be considered with proof of active and continued enrollment in an approved bachelor degree program.
• Five or more years of experience in data, voice, or video networks required.
• Experience working with multiple vendor platforms (e.g. Avaya, Cisco, Juniper, HP, F5, or Palo Alto) required.
• Experience working with network systems, networking principles, data, voice or video required.
• Experience working with network management software required.
• Healthcare environment experience is preferred.
Certifications, Registry and/or Licenses Preferred:
• APDS, CCNA, JNCIA, or F5-CA preferred
• Good network performance modeling or benchmarking skills
• Skilled in time, priority, and task management
• Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
• Good communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel
• Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
• Ability to anticipate problems, resolve ambiguity and take decisive action
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Good ability to analyze and solve complex problems using analytical and creative problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of networks
• Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex technical problems
• Willingness to travel locally
Additional Information :
Be a part of the exciting and ground-breaking upcoming years for the Penn Medicine Information Services department!
Because growth is essential to continuing to meet the current and future needs of patients, Penn Medicine continues to expand its capabilities.
Penn Medicine's Information Services (IS) Department focuses its efforts on the clinical and financial systems that support the day-to-day operations of four hospitals, several satellite practices, and more than 2,000 physicians.
Learn more about Information Services
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work