Complete Description Senior Network Engineer - 100% Remote
The Senior Network Engineer will manage and maintain enterprise network. This position is responsible for managing and mentoring junior Network Engineering staff and handling advanced support issues. Senior Network Engineers are responsible for the functional management of our network, the delegation of tasks, and the resolution of network issues.
To ensure success as a Senior Network Engineer, you should have extensive experience working with enterprise networks, high-level managerial skills, and advanced project management skills. A Top-class Senior Network Engineer ensures the networking team performs as a cohesive unit, maintaining the stability and performance of the network. Position Overview Area of Responsibility
- Provide high-level / detailed solutions and technical support for network connectivity for both on premises data centers and interoperability of cloud related connectivity solutions.
- Provide technical services and support for the following areas, WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls (ASA, and Palo Alto), and security, internal systems, cloud and network infrastructure.
- Performs network maintenance, upgrades and refreshes by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of technical documentation to ensure it is updated and current.
- Configure and troubleshoot network component, routers, switches, firewalls, and other network equipment.
- Maintains a healthy network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency.
- Work with the PMO/Business to understand their objectives and account for them in the system design.
- Work with internal and external 3rd party vendors i.e. software and systems engineering teams to understand and implement technical requirements.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- BS in Technical or Engineering field (or equivalent) required
- Current Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or higher in Routing and Switching, Security and/or Wireless Networking.
- PCNSA a plus
- CCIE certification a plus
- 6+ years hands-on networking experience
- Must possess strong working knowledge of design & implementation experience for data networking, routing & switching, subnetting and network segmenting with large scale enterprise network.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of Network Infrastructure and topology, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, DMVPN, VPN, and Network Monitoring tools
- MPLS configuration experience required.
- Network Design experience required.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, and Palo Alto firewalls.
- Experience supporting enterprise networks for VoIP and SIP messaging.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues related to hardware, L3/L2 deployment, application behaviors and TCP stack.
- Strong knowledge of routing and switching concepts and technologies. Such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP, Spanning Tree.
- Strong Telco circuit knowledge & troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working collaboratively with Network Architect, Systems Software Developers and Administrators.
- Experience working in DataCenters. Ability to manage multiple, often competing, priorities and tasks and follow through to completion on strict deadlines
- Ability to use discretion and judgment in evaluating problems and creating solutions for Members.
- Strong communicator able to effectively communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users, including non-technical audience.
- Self-motivated with enthusiasm and ability to develop technical skills and take on additional responsibilities in order to add value to departmental and Client's mission and goals
- Willing to be in On-Call rotation