Job ID: 2115747
Location: CHANTILLY , VA , US
Date Posted: 2021-10-28
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking an experienced network systems engineer and administrator with background in configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting cross-domain systems. Must have excellent speaking, listening and written communication skills. Team oriented and customer focused attitude is critical due to multiple networking locations and varied U.S. Government end users.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain all components of computer network software including software licenses, software version updates, anti-virus software, firewalls, routers, switch configuration as required
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting network hardware issues
- Troubleshoot hardware and software, run diagnostics, document problems and solutions, prioritizing fixes, and assess current and future impact of issues
- Monitoring and generating data analytics focused on improving network throughput performance
- Communicating networking issues to internal team as well as Gov't Lead. Provide documentation and technical specifications to leadership for planning and implementing new or upgrades of end-to-end networking software and hardware.
- Training and educating new users
- Occasional on-call work after normal work hours (nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field with 5 years experience. Relevant years of experience may be substituted for degree.
- Active TS/SCI w/Poly required
- Database, network administration, or system administration experience
- DOD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II required (such as CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+, CND, or SSCPy)
- Strong working knowledge of Linux Redhat Enterprise, Microsoft Server network protocols are required
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, remote desktop, remote computer management or equivalent
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Ability to problem solve and think critically sometimes independent of significant experience or documentation of the problem area
- Strong customer Communication skills
- Project management skills
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.