Job ID: 2200530 Location:
CHANTILLY , VA , US Date Posted:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
TS/SCI with PolyClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
SAIC is seeking an experienced, Network Systems Engineer to plan, design, implement, operate and troubleshoot a high-reliability enterprise network infrastructure. The candidate will support an enterprise SATCOM program and the associated tools for tasking, planning, research, data routing, as well as tools for operations center support and system performance monitoring. The candidate will provide Tier III support for infrastructure and customer support during live testing and operations.
The candidate will analyze capacity issues, assess network performance, and recommend plans to ensure the system meets current and future needs. The candidate will assist customers with mission planning, communication paths, and data delivery. The candidate will also assist with system verification and regression tests. Job Duties Include:
- Provide technical analysis and subject matter expertise to support, build, configure, operate and maintain specific network, related network and system management infrastructure to include but not limited to the following:
- Network Connectivity
- Traffic Flow
- Redundancy (Failover)
- Network Security
- Equipment Maintenance of current sites and future coop sites.
- Increase overall reliability, streamline design and integration where appropriate. Reduce operations and maintenance costs associated with maintaining solutions hosted within the Operations Center where possible.
- Maintain necessary training, test, and integration equipment for integration and regression testing, validation and troubleshooting. Maintain configuration management of all hosted or managed network solutions.
- Design, operate and maintain equipment and network paths for storage area network services and off-site back-up services. Monitor and report on bandwidth capacity, availability and projections.
- Develop and maintain detailed drawings and appropriate documentation of all devices within the supported architecture, and configurations of network equipment on site and at future coop sites.
- Implement upgrades to existing network architecture, troubleshoot network anomalies as discovered, deploy and install network equipment both locally and to remote locations.
- Work with the System Administrators to ensure overall system functionality, design and document future network architecture (with anticipated growth), and respond to ISSO requests, supporting C&A activities.
- Active TS//SCI security clearance with polygraph
- Requires a B.S. degree and 14 years of relevant experience
- Must have 10+ years systems engineering and systems integration experience.
- Occasional CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required.
- Must have experience working on complex systems across multiple domains.
- Must have working knowledge of Cisco IOS and enterprise level tools and network products such as firewalls, routers, switches, VPN, network and security protocols.
- Must have knowledge of networking protocols (IP, TCP, UDP, etc.).
- Must have knowledge of enterprise system monitoring tools such as Nagios or Solar Winds.
- Must have ability to work on occasional surge support or shift hours as needed to support operations center.
- Familiarity with PL5 implementation and systems.
- Experience with programming or scripting languages as applied to test development and automation.
- Linux and virtualization experience.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.