SAIC is looking for a Network Engineer who can thrive in a challenging and rewarding environment at the U.S. Merchant Marine
Academy Headquarters in Kings Point, New York.
The candidate will help design, implement, troubleshoot, analyze and maintain Academy networks.
• Configures, tests, and maintains LAN/WAN equipment and related services
• Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves network problems
• Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks, applications and appliances
• Working experience in government environment utilizing NIST and FISMA
•Hands on experience in a structured environment implementing and administrating network devices, setting and maintaining
•Experience in configuring Cisco switches and routers
•Design, plan, establish, and optimize wireless networks.
•Experience in Aruba's architecture that includes, Mobility Controllers, Mobility Master, Airwave Servers and ClearPass security
•VMware vSphere and vCenter management
•Firewall and VPN configuration, management and analysis
•Network access security tools experience
•MS Server 2012/2016 Active Directory and Group Policy Management
•PowerShell scripting and implementation skills
•Level 2 and Level 3 resolution in a Windows Server and Win 10 environment.
•Strong verbal and written communication skills, including documentation
• Excellent troubleshooting, root cause analysis and network optimization skills
• Team player; willing and able to drive collaborative efforts across the organization to improve product quality, reduce
expense, and increase productivity
Four year degree in Computer Science or related field required
Minimum one of the following certifications; CCNA or CCNP, ITIL v3 certification
Demonstrated knowledge of PMI
Working experience in a government environment
*Skills assessment exercise required
Target salary range: $95,001 - $105,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
My SAIC Benefits.