Job ID: 2118920 Location:
SPRINGFIELD , VA , US Date Posted:
Engineering and SciencesSubcategory:
NoMinimum Clearance Required:
Top SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
This is a Senior/SME position for the network engineering team within the Vanguard Perimeter Security Division (PSD) engineering office, providing network engineering expertise over a Global LAN/WAN enterprise. The well qualified candidate will possess and apply comprehensive knowledge regarding the engineering and implementation of network transport solutions. The candidate must be capable of planning and leading the testing, implementation, and maintenance of networking (LAN/WAN) technologies and devices. The candidate must be capable of evaluating performance results, performing risk assessments, and recommending changes affecting network transport configuration/implementation. The position directly supports DoS on-site to provide network engineering services to over 100,000 customers globally.
Qualifications Required Education & Experience
- Works directly with the DoS customer to build, design, test and deploy enterprise network transport solutions utilizing Cisco routers/switches.
- Develop and deploy network engineering solutions in compliance with Enterprise Architecture standards.
- Collaborate with technical SMEs on enterprise-wide solutions, participate in technical working groups, and contribute to technical advisory boards.
- Participate in peer review of network configuration change requests prior to deployment.
- Implementation of configuration changes.
- Tier III Support and Maintenance activities.
- Service Requests: monitor, resolve, update and close service request tickets.
- Documenting network infrastructure components, drawings.
- Assist in developing and documenting procedures and processes.
- Bachelors degree in a computer science/computer engineering related discipline and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience
- 10+ years IT security/network engineering support experience (Engineering, Tier II, Tier III, network infrastructure implementation and maintenance)
- Solid understanding and analysis of network flows and OSI model
- Experience implementing large enterprise/global network solutions
- Expert experience in BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, GRE, DMVPN, IPSEC, MACSEC, Multicast, Unicast
- Expert experience with Cisco network platforms: routers, switches, VPN concentrators, network management (ISR/ASR/Nexus).
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Experience working directly with Government customer
- Technical writing and documentation/diagram skills (MS Visio/MS Word/MS Excel)
- Must hold active Top Secret clearance.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional - CCNP
- Experience with SD-WAN technologies
- Experience with Cloud technologies, Microsoft Azure/Amazon Web Services
- Experience leading a small team (3-5) of engineers
- Experience with network monitoring tools (NetVCR, NeuralStar, HPNA, Nagios)
- Experienced with Dept of Defense's Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.