Senior Network Engineer
Company: SKYGEN USA
The Senior Network Engineer role is responsible for designing, implementing and supporting complex computer networks and related components, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), Internet connectivity, remote employee connectivity, VPN circuits and network security solutions including (but not limited to) firewalls, load balancers, DNS, etc. to support SKYGEN USA’s security requirements, business requirements and strategic goals.
This role provides onsite and remote support to internal and external customers while working independently and as part of a team to resolve service desk tickets, analyze and resolve technical issues, perform system upgrades, plus architect and implement future solutions.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be a complete list of all the duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents. Duties, responsibilities and expectations may be added, deleted or modified at any time at the discretion of the supervisor.
- Implement and administer LAN/WAN networks in multiple locations that support VoIP based phone system and video conferencing including switches, routers, firewalls, VPN tunnels, load balancers, DNS/IP address management, and backup/recovery solutions.
- Architect and support data center solutions including power, environment, and fire suppression systems.
- Provide feedback to manager regarding recommendations to further improve network related systems and solutions that support the business and protect company information assets.
- Administer and support data centers, including environmental and power system solutions.
- Document network configuration standards, network configurations, existing implementations and future projects.
- Perform periodic audits of network configurations to ensure they comply with documented standards.
- Review related logs to ensure network is performing as expected and troubleshoot any issues.
- Proactively evaluate network infrastructure; identify and test innovative solutions to improve productivity and security.
- Provide feedback and mentoring to department staff.
- Provide feedback to manager on recommendations for additional training or coaching for department staff.
- Support and/or lead projects that benefit and/or impact users both internal and external to the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Level of Education, Licenses, and/or Certificates
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent years of experience.
- Typically 5+ years of experience administering and supporting a medium to large network consisting of multiple sites, including network architecture and network security design and implementation, or equivalent experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge in the following areas:
- Networking (multi-site)
- WAN/Internet circuits
- Load Balancers
- Ability to work well with internal team members in resolving complex issues.
- Ability to use logical thought process in resolving problems.
- Ability to ask appropriate questions to facilitate resolutions
- Ability to effectively prioritize numerous incoming requests
- Detail Oriented: Ensuring that one's own and/or others' work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Diagnostic Information Gathering: The ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information, when others are reluctant to disclose it.
- Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Initiative: Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Fostering Innovation: The ability to develop, sponsor, or support the introduction of new and improved method, products, procedures, or technologies.
- Analytical Thinking: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
Preferred Level of Education, License, and/or Certificates
- Network design, administration and/or security related certifications
- Microsoft certifications
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience implementing, administering and supporting network security related tools, technologies and solutions
- Experience using network packet analyzer/sniffer tools
- Experience with healthcare industry related audits
- Network encryption protocols
- Documentation (Graphical and Written)
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use a PC, computer terminal and/or telephone over five hours a day
- Ability to sit more than 75% during an 8 hour workday
- Ability to communicate in an active office environment
- Ability to operate all required job related equipment
- Occasional long, irregular hours
- Occasional standing or moving throughout facility
- This position is located in a wheelchair accessible building. The office environment is active with frequent discussions between team members. The statements in the above sections of this description are not all inclusive and job duties and responsibilities may change due to business necessity.
About SKYGEN USA:
SKYGEN USA leads the way in powering the business of healthcare for the digital age. Our innovative, technology-enabled solutions drive efficiencies and re-allocate more dollars for better care for all Americans. We drive the most efficient health plans in the country by delivering unprecedented levels of automation and cost savings.
SKYGEN USA partners with the nation’s largest healthcare insurers. We serve 35 million member lives on our technology platform, and 10 million member lives through our outsourcing solutions.