Solidus has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer to join a team that applies broad theoretical and practical knowledge of networking to the acquisition process in support of the Air Force at Hanscom AFB, MA.
- Advise and support work that involves the planning, analysis, design, development, testing, quality assurance, configuration, installation, implementation, integration, maintenance, and/or management of networked systems used for the transmission of information in voice, data, and/or video formats.
- Interface with a team of military, Government civilian, contractor project managers and FFRDC/A&AS support personnel in the day-to-day activities associated with management of projects, programs, and initiatives.
- Analyze, maintain, and recommend network architectures, requirements, and infrastructure
- Analyze network workload
- Monitor network capacity and performance
- Diagnose and resolve network problems
- Recommend network backup and recovery procedures
- Install, test, maintain, and upgrade network operating systems software and/or ensuring the rigorous application of information security/ cybersecurity policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of network services
- Support implementation and execution of Agile software execution in concert with Government and Prime contractors
- Advise and support the software development Service Oriented Architectures
- Document repeatable processes for users to follow
- Proven ability to perform PowerShell Scripting is a plus
- Highly proficient with computers and software applications to include Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.), expert attention-to-detail & highly organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Acquisition life cycle technical/analytical systems/software engineering/support skills
- Automated Testing Knowledge
- Ports, Protocol and Services documentation and implement network communication (development, test and production)
- Develop and maintain System Topology and Architecture Diagrams
- ship AND an Active Secret Clearance
- MA/MS and 12 years of relevant experience OR BA/BS and 15 years both with a minimum of 5 years' experience in DoD OR 20 years of directly related experience with proper certifications with a minimum of 8 years in DOD.
- Experience and/or IT certifications in the following are a plus:
Certified Cisco Network Administrator (CCNA)
Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
Quality of Service (QoS) Monitoring Tools
L2 & L3 switches and router and firewall
Proxy/Web gateway experience
Req ID: 3887
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.