US Information Technologies is looking for a Sr. Telecommunications Network Engineer
for an opportunity Public Trust clearance will be required.
This project is REMOTE and onsite at a Government site Responsibilities:
This role shall be capable of troubleshooting, administering, configuring and maintaining the following:
- Brocade, and/or Cisco network hardware and software.
- Dedicated, high-speed, and high-capacity connections among researchers and Client's key high-performance computing (HPC) sites across the nation.
- Generate approximately 80 terabytes of data per day to support decision makers regionally and globally with timely and authoritative information .
- INFOBLOX Grid Manager
- Pulse Secure IC Series Unified Access Control Appliance
- Great Bay Beacon Server
- F5 BigIP Appliance
- Pulse Secure SSL VPN Appliance
- Network sniffer technologies, including NetScout InfiniStream and nGeniusOne.
- Network Management Software, including HPE Network Automation (NA), HPE Network Node Manager (NMNi), Concord eHealth, RedSeal, Solarwinds/Orion, SecureCRT
This role shall be capable of troubleshooting, administering, and maintaining the following:
- Open Systems Interconnection model (OSI model) Layers 1-7
- Network Protocols, including IPv6 and IPv4 (TCP, UDP, ICMP, IGMP, ARP, AH, ESP, VRRP, BGP, MPLS, OSPF)
- IEEE Standards: 802.1x, 802.3, 802.11
- Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting Protocols, including TACACS+ and RADIUS
- Ten (10) years telecommunications systems experience with at least eight (8) years of local (LAN) or wide area network (WAN) experience.
- Experience in telecommunications network design and management. particularly on complex applications involving all phases of telecommunications network design, implementation, and analysis
- Experience in analysis and design of voice networks, LAN and WAN data networks, wireless networks, and/or network management systems to support voice and data services.
- Analyzes and develops telecommunications networks supporting a wide range of capabilities, including voice, data, video, and/or wireless services.
- Develops designs and plans for installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems from project inception to conclusion.
- Analyzes the problem and the characteristics of the information to be transported.
- Defines the problem and develops system requirements and network specifications
- Closely coordinates with other information system professionals to ensure proper implementation of network services.
- Experience in managing the evaluation and cost estimation of voice and data WAN services from telecommunications carriers, designing access and backbone networks using carrier services, or in managing the analysis and design of wireless voice or data networks (using private radio facilities or commercial services).
- Provides technical and administrative direction for personnel responsible for telecommunications network design, implementation, and operations tasks, including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards and progress in accordance with schedules.
- Makes recommendations, if needed, for approval of major network installations.
- Prepares milestone status reports, and deliveries/ presentations on network progress to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives.
- IAT - II certification (one of the following) - Security + , GSEC, SSCP or CCNA-Security
- Certifications (at least one of the following) - CCSE NGX, CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, SCNA, CCSE NGX Plus NG with AI, CCMSE NG with AI, CSMSE NG with AI Plus VSX, NSA, ESE
- Public Trust Clearance will be required
USIT hires top-notch people with in-depth experience at solving even the toughest problems. We are a company where every individual is committed to being the best at what they do.
USIT values, celebrates and enacts diversity in the workplace. USIT takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability