VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Senior Network Engineer to support the U.S. Department of Homeland Security ONENET in Washington, D.C.
* Available upon award, currently in proposal/bid stage
* Location: Washington DC
* Security Clearance: must be eligible for a public trust (US Citizenship required for DHS security clearances)
* Salary: competitive
* Lead contributor to network and systems architecture security assessments
* Principle qualifier of early development lifecycle strength and weakness identification
* Lead supporter to ongoing system maintenance
* Lead change request reviewer
* Contributor to Security Implementation Plan (SIP) development
* Lead contributor to Security Baseline Development tasks
* Lead supporter to architecture and engineering activities
* Oversee security baseline and product revision monitoring quarterly
* Lead coordinator with system owners and project teams for system baseline reviews
* Providing architecture and engineering support
* Participating in ad-hoc technical working groups and other forums to address systems, network, and cloud security issues.
* Reviewing, analyzing, and commenting on project-delivered documents
* Evaluating security products already in use and those proposed for use, including an analysis of the individual product, its integration into the overall architecture, its interaction with other products, and its interaction with known products external to which will interface with. As a result of this evaluation, the Contractor shall provide a report including recommendations.
* Working with the Cybersecurity team and the project teams to ensure that requisite security capabilities are adequately and appropriately accounted for in designs and applicable architectures.
* Documenting and conducting product and technology evaluations to include scoping and test strategy, test evaluations, results, and final report.
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Certification
* CMMI experience preferred
* 10+ years overall network development, architecture and engineering experience, in WANs similar in size and complexity as OneNet
* Experience with the following: Infoblox DNS server IPSEC, Internet-based VPN solutions, Remote Access VPN for mobile workforce, Juniper routing, LAN/WAN connectivity and administration, MTIPS support, McAfee, Network and Application Performance Management Systems - Netscout, Dynatrace, Network and System security
* Expertise in Cisco (ACE, ASA AnyConnetc VPN, DMVPN, Firewall Appliances/ASA-PIX Firewall/FWSM/CSM, Routing, Switching)
* Experience with Site-to-site VPN, UNIX/Linux Administration, Virtual Private Network technologies, (Cisco, Juniper)
* Bachelor's degree in IT related discipline required
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer
Category: Information Technology