Virtu is a leading financial firm that leverages cutting edge technology to deliver liquidity to the global markets and innovative, transparent trading solutions to our clients. As a market maker, Virtu provides deep liquidity that helps to create more efficient markets around the world. Our market structure expertise, broad diversification, and execution technology enables us to provide competitive bids and offers in over 19,000 securities, at over 235 venues, in 36 countries worldwide.
Virtu is looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Senior Network Engineer to join our global network engineering team. In this role, you'll help enhance our world leading network platform to grow alongside our ever expanding business. You will be working at the forefront of the world’s financial markets, building connectivity across the globe, and integrating some of the most complex networks in the industry.
Additional duties include:
- Design, implement and operate Virtu's network. Whether it is investigating a new, innovative products, refreshing one of our low latency trading systems or troubleshooting with a 3rd party, you'll thrive on being impactful within a fast-moving, varied environment.
- Transforming our way of working with automation and scale. We know the network industry is changing, and this is your chance to make that change, collaborating with software engineers with proven track records of solving complex problems through automation and software.
- Required skills:
- 10+ years of experience in network engineering
- Real-world network automation experience
- Configuration Management – one of Ansible/Salt/Puppet/Chef
- Python (or other programming languages)
- Expert in routing and switching – BGP/OSPF/Multicast
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP and the OSI model
- Good prioritization skills and the ability to effectively switch tasks on varying projects and initiatives
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- A love of technology in general
- Highly desired skills:
- Comfortable working with various Linux utilities and different OS
- Network security, including firewalls Fortinet/Palo Alto/CheckPoint
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in IT, Computer Science or other related discipline
- Leadership abilities
PERKS OF THE ROLE:
- Projects with quick life cycles, from concept to production in three months
- The opportunity to make an impact in a highly visible role within the firm
- A great place for upward and geographic mobility
- Direct exposure to the decision makers and senior leaders on the business side
- A company that’s investing a sizable amount in its technology department
- Teams that are passionate about continually learning, improving and raising the bar
- A community that values hard work as well as work-life balance