Responsible for ensuring the stability and integrity of company wide network security devices such as firewalls, IDS/ IPS, load balancers, etc. Participate in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network security hardware and software.
Analyze and resolve network security hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
Act as a liaison between IT Engineering and Information Security.
Serve as a technical resource to Network Engineers and Network Security Engineers.
- Ensure that security solutions are acquired, configured and implemented correctly.
- Perform various audits of all network security devices to ensure compliance with company and industry standards.
- Provide support by performing troubleshooting which may include, but not necessarily be limited to: problem recognition, root cause analysis, research, isolation, resolution, follow-up, and documentation.
- Create new ways to solve existing production security issues.
- Configure and install network security solutions such as firewalls, load balancers and intrusion detection systems.
- Understand vulnerability testing results, risk analyses and security assessments.
- Respond to information security issues during each stage of a project s lifecycle.
- Implement and maintain corporate security policies.
- Analyze and advise on new security technologies and program conformance.
- Perform maintenance on network security devices.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment (MICS, PCI, SOX).
- Lead implementations and rollouts of new network security devices.
- Strong network fundamentals including the OSI model, TCP/ IP, IPv4 and working knowledge of IPv6.
- Research and identify hardware and software to meet Company needs.
- Other network support tasks as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor s degree in a computer science discipline or a comparable level of experience preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Network Security or Network Engineer supporting enterprise security devices (firewalls, load balancers, etc.) in a large data center environment.
- ITIL V3 Awareness training preferred.
- On-call availability on a rotational basis is a requirement of this role.
- Prior experience with Palo Alto and F5 suite of products required.
- Must have good communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to obtain/ maintain any necessary certifications and/ or licenses.