At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America's first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.
We're looking for experienced network professionals to join DISH's Wireless 5G Network Engineering Team. The Network Engineer will join a team of other passionate engineers and bring a start-up spirit to evaluate, test, deploy, and optimize DISH's future standalone 5G network. The candidate should also be innovative, analytical, a planner, have strong execution skills, and have the ability to learn, teach, and work in a team environment.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Design and engineering of effective and scalable network systems and solutions
- Participate in evaluation, testing, selection, and deployment of foundational network elements for a nationwide greenfield network buildout
- Ensure that solutions adhere to defined standards and best practices and/or assist in the development of these standards and best practices
- Effectively communicate engineering solutions through detailed high and low level diagrams
- Routinely research, analyze, test, retest, and troubleshoot complex problems
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, with strict deadlines, both as an individual contributor and team player
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing while staying abreast of new technology/technical areas
A successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide advanced technical leadership for complex project work, including functional subsystem upgrades for mission-critical network devices and services as well as strategic upgrades to the network
- Design, plan, and implement network security systems at nationwide scale
- Supply advanced technical direction and leadership to the organization through the planning and implementation processes
- Establish requirements, provide analysis of network security risks and requirements, network design, network partitioning or segmentation, and network architecture definition
- Provide advanced expertise in the development of network test, validation, and integration plans on projects, and assurance of network integrity
- Work independently with vendors to understand, test, and drive new innovative features
Candidate should have extensive knowledge in the following areas:
- IP routing across a multi-site, hierarchical architecture
- MPLS and/or Segment Routing (SR-MPLS, SRv6)
- eBGP, iBGP, IS-IS, VRFs, and QoS
- Integration with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Architecture, design, and engineering of network security boundaries both internal and external
- Network firewall and IDS/IPS systems evaluation, design, implementation, and support
- Design and Implementation of internal and external VPN connectivity
- Configuration hardening of network and peripheral devices
- Creation of network security policies, processes, auditing, and enforcement
- IPv6 - SLAAC and DHCPv6
- Network Deployment and Operations Automation - Ansible, Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP)
- Network configuration automation (Scripting with Pearl/Python/Bash)
- Server virtualization - VMWare, Openstack
- Solid Understanding of the OSI model, routing and switching protocols, network security, IPv4 and IPv6 networking, subnetting, and operational experience
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering preferred, or ten or more years of professional experience in large enterprise or carrier space
- Professional networking certifications a plus- CCNA/CCNP/CCIE/CISM/CISSP/CEH or equivalent
- Public cloud certifications a plus - Advanced Networking, Cloud Network Engineer, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in networking
Compensation: $114,885.00/Year - $181,390.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.