Join SAIC's Information Technology (IT) Support Services Team in the Network Operations and Security Center (NOSC) of the US Air Forces Central Command (USAFCENT) Communications Directorate (A6). This opportunity places you at the tip of the spear for Engineering, Operations and Maintenance, Cyber Security, and Defensive Cyber Operations supporting the warfighter in the Southwest Asia area.
USAFCENT is the air component of United States Central Command (USCENTCOM), a regional unified command. USAFCENT, in concert with its coalition, joint and interagency partners, delivers decisive air and space power on behalf of USCENTCOM for the security and stability of the Southwest Asia (SWA) region. The USAFCENT NOSC delivers cyberspace command and control (C2) superiority to the warfighter by engineering, implementing, securing, managing, operating and maintaining USAFCENT's Non-Classified Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNet), Secret Internet Protocol Router (SIPRNet), USCENTCOM Partner Networks (CPN-X), and associated C2 networks, systems and services.
The USAFCENT NOSC executes the full-spectrum of IT services management and operations for USAFCENT networks 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week (24/7); and is tasked by USCENTCOM to provide information assurance (IA) boundary intrusion detection and intrusion prevention for USCENTCOM components. Comprised of NOSC operations, operations support, cybersecurity, network engineering, and command support functions, the USAFCENT NOSC plans, engineers, installs, integrates, operates and maintains, protects and manages enterprise-wide network and systems architecture, infrastructure and services; and provides enterprise-level oversight to its subordinate and supported communications support activities.
Candidates will be working at Shaw AFB, SC and/or Lackland AFB, TX. Frequent temporary duty (TDY) and/or deployment travel to OCONUS locations in the USCENTCOM AOR is required to support sustainment, site surveys, installations, upgrades, integration, testing, troubleshooting and other mission-related requirements.
The candidate for this position provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors, provides imaginative, thorough, and practicable solutions consistent with organization objectives, possesses complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field, has general knowledge of other related disciplines, and provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
Senior Network Systems Design:
- Performs design and implementation of IT systems that require the integration of diverse and complex components. Activities include creating a problem statement, defining operational requirements including integration with other systems or components, researching and modeling the system architecture and configuration, investigation alternatives, cost analysis and estimation, and decision analysis.
- Ensures the logical ad systematic conversion of requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate requirements into hardware and software specification.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements, facility requirements (including floor layout, power & cooling, network connectivity), data storage, backup, monitoring, operations systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
- Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
Specific duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- OS, AD, Messaging, DNS, Storage, DB and other server-related services
- Provide technical direction and management oversight for Enterprise Database Administrator, Boundary Systems, Enterprise Patch Management Systems, Directory Services Systems, and Storage and Virtualization Systems engineering/technical staff.
- Analyze a wide array of networking metrics and recognize substandard network performance.
- Develop reports and trend analysis documentation on bandwidth and network security incidents.
- Make expert decisions and recommendations on how to resolve, improve, or prevent network problems/issues.
- Manage network intrusion devices specific to the Department of Defense as well as many commercial information assurance tools to include Certification Authority (CA) and a variety of virtual private network (VPNs) both software and hardware .
- Develop and update IT systems concept of operations and engineering plans.
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. In addition to the following certifications and skills are required: CISSP, Unix, VCA, MCSE Server Infrastructure, CCNA, Firewall, HBSS, and ITIL Foundation. Desired Qualifications
ITIL 4 Foundation certification or any ITIL v3 Intermediate certification. Any equivalent IAT-III certification, if not the certification listed above.
My SAIC Benefits.