Description Job Description:
Under the ITSSC II program, Leidos supports the full range of IT integration services supporting a multi-platform computing environment, including: information systems modernization initiatives, software engineering, project management, infrastructure services, data warehousing, database administration, research, planning, security, federal enterprise architecture initiatives, and all levels of Internet, Intranet and Web portal initiatives and migrating legacy architecture to web-based platforms.
Leidos has an immediate need for a highly motivated Senior Node Software Developer to provide Agile software development expertise and hands on implementation of the Disability Case Processing System (DCPS) application using the latest open source server side java script technologies on the Node platform and other related open source products. The candidate will be collocated with the SSA government employees and subcontractors at a government facility in Baltimore, Maryland. The candidate must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust.
Specifically the successful candidate will be a member of an Agile Development Team working with other Agile development teams, Testers, Database Engineers, IT Infrastructure & Operations Team and External System Owners to develop the DCPS application using open source technologies and products.
- Extensive senior level full-stack software development experience with Node.js (2 or more years) with detailed understanding of user interface frameworks and back-end software architecture.
- Strong back-end API development experience with processing, manipulating, and updating databases with structured data from external sources.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Scrum and Kanban Agile development process and ceremonies including scrums, planning events, backlog grooming, retrospectives and demos.
- Complex programming, program debugging, data analysis, problem analysis and resolution of issues within open source applications.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills in providing technical direction and hands-on software development to include design, development and testing.
- Operating System, command line, and Infrastructure experience with Linux, Windows 7, RHEL, VMs, Docker
- Experience with VersionOne Application Lifecycle Management Tools
- Experience with Jenkins and Continuous Integration
- Experience with databases including PostgreSQL as well as Apache Solr.
- Standards & Protocols knowledge including XML, XSLT, WSDL, JSON
- Experience with Testing Tools including Mocha, Chai, Sinon, Supertest, Enzyme, Instanbul, Selenium, Load Runner, JSLint and Cucumber.
- Experience with source code versioning and Pull Requests with Git and Stash.
- Experience with IDEs such as VS Code, Sublime and Atom
- Knowledge of SonarQube, Phabricator, Gerritt, Karma, Jasmine
- Experience with DevOps processes and implementation.
- Experience with environments utilizing Cloud Technologies such as Amazon Web Services.
Day to Day Duties
- Attend Stand-Up meetings with Product Owner, Scrum Master and developers.
- Design and develop code based upon business requirements, UI/back-end design standards, and common software components.
- Participate in feature grooming sessions to elaborate on requirements and assess level of effort.
- Perform peer reviews of team members' code to improve quality and standards compliance.
- Implement unit and integration test cases for high percentage of code coverage.
- Resolve build issues, software defects, and production support issues, when necessary.
External Referral Bonus:
- Bachelor's Degree with 7 years with IT experience or professional IT certifications.
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
ADP2 / IT2Travel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Software DevelopmentPay Range: