Don’t just dream about What’s Next – build it!
Nexient specializes in bringing a “Product Mindset” to our work, using small, nimble teams, Agile thinking and other techniques from product development to build great custom software people love to use. And as America’s leading 100% US, 100% Agile software services partner, we’re building it here instead of sending tech jobs offshore.
People are noticing.
Our clients include some of America’s favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services and more – but also some very cool product companies you may not have heard of yet. We’re recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HfS Hot Vendor and the only 100% US tech company in the World’s Top 100 Outsourcers. You might have read about us in The New York Times.
• Silicon Valley innovation (through our Bay Area innovation hub, and network of startups and emerging technology partners)
• Scalable, Midwest delivery (with 65+ Agile teams in high talent cities like Ann Arbor, Michigan)
• Onsite collaboration (with product managers and other key roles working face-to-face with client teams around the country)
Nexient is looking for an experienced Sr. Node.js Developer to join our team at our Ann Arbor, MI office.
Come build with us!
We are seeking an experienced Full Stack Developer to lead moderate to highly complex programming tasks and provide code reviews of various development tasks. You will implement automated unit and integration tests and ensure the practice is followed consistently. You will participate in system design and specifications, program logic and flow-charting, development, testing, debugging, documentation, and support. Build frameworks that scales and fosters innovation, and help shape the path for how we express our data and analytics through web applications and APIs. Additionally, you will provide analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
- Ensures work is carried out using established processes, practices and procedures as directed
- Works on complex problems having broad impact that require in depth analysis and judgment to obtain results or solutions.
- Defines and documents business requirements for complex system development or testing.
- Analyzes existing applications and systems and formulates logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, logical database design, performs coding and tests/debugs programs.
- Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- Modifies and configures complex and broad applications/systems as specified in the requirements and/or technical design document.
- Identifies, analyzes and improves existing business processes within a department to meet new goals and objectives.
- Develops, implements, and approves guidelines and process documentation.
- Designs and deploys new complex Enterprise systems and enhancements to existing systems ensuring compatibility and inter-operability.
- Communicates (oral and written) recommendations and findings internally and externally.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using both team and industry best practices and patterns.
- Partners with various departments to understand and incorporate standards information and requirements into work procedures.
- Experience with web application development frameworks and tools like React, Express, webpack
- Experience in designing and developing web services using REST and JSON
- Experience with JS testing and code analysis frameworks like Mocha, Istanbul, JSLint, JSHint, Jasmine
- Develop and enhance existing product web pages through templating practices.
- Ability to integrate and visualize data from existing sources at different latencies and volumes.
- Ability to apply design details from product design standards and templates.
- Ability to design and write scalable products in on premise, cloud and hybrid environments.
- Write and develop in a test driven pattern, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Ability to work across a team of web developers, data engineers, data scientists, and designers.
- Ability to effectively communicate product and design to end users.
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Experience with NoSQL document-based data stores like MongoDB and designing suitable data models
- Familiarity with Application UX Designs
- Unix / Linux experience
- Hands on development of applications and services
- Experience in product development
- Experience as Developer, full-stack, 5 years
- Proficient in Angular/React, D3, Redux, NodeJS, nginx, Leaflet, Sass, and Plottable.
- Experience with integrating with GraphQL, and Jenkins
- Experience in product management
- Competency in building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Competency in anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications
- Competency in relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Competency in developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Knowledge of interface design concepts, methods, best practices, and techniques as applied to software, such as computers, mobile devices, and other electronic devices as needed to perform at the job level
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Master Degree Preferred
Benefits & Perks:
- Company sponsored health, dental, vision insurance and flexible spending account (FSA) for employees and their families including domestic partners
- Paid Vacation Time and company holidays
- 401K plan
- Lunch & Learns
- Passionate, collaborative and awesome co-workers