Client supports the full range of IT integration services supporting a multi-platform computing environment, including: information systems modernization initiatives, software engineering, project management, infrastructure services, data warehousing, database administration, research, planning, security, federal enterprise architecture initiatives, and all levels of Internet, Intranet and Web portal initiatives and migrating legacy architecture to web-based platforms. Client has an immediate need for a highly motivated Senior Node Software Developer to provide Agile software development expertise and hands on implementation of the Disability Case Processing System (DCPS) application using the latest open source server side java script technologies on the Node platform and other related open source products.
The candidate must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust.
Specifically the successful candidate will be a member of an Agile Team working with other Agile teams, System Architects, Test Architects, Database Engineers, DevOps, Implementation team, Global Validation team, IT Infrastructure & Operations Team and External System Owners to develop the DCPS application using open source technologies and products.
- Extensive senior level full-stack software development experience with Node.js (2 or more years) with detailed understanding of user interface frameworks, back-end software architecture interactions and node module capabilities.
- Strong development experience with developing RESTful Web Services using Node.js.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Scrum and Kanban Agile development process and ceremonies including scrums, planning events, backlog grooming, retrospectives and demos.
- Complex programming, program debugging, data analysis, problem analysis and resolution of issues within open source applications.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills in providing technical direction and hands-on software development to include design, development and testing.
- Experience with other JavaScritpt frameworks such as Express, Restify, Hapi, Sails, JOI, and Kinex.
- Operating System and Infrastructure experience with Linux, Windows 7, Unix, Solaris, JMS, OOD, CVS.
- Experience with VersionOne Application Lifecycle Management Tools
- Experience with Jenkins and Continuous Integration.
- Standards & Protocols knowledge including XML, XSLT, WSDL, JSON.
- Experience with Testing Tools including Mocha, Chai, Sinon, Supertest, Enzyme, Instanbul, Selenium, Load Runner, JSLint and Cucumber.
- Experience with source code versioning and Pull Requests with Git and Stash.
- Experience with IDEs such as Sublime and Atom.
- Knowledge of SonarCube, Phabricator, Gerritt, Karma, Jasmine
- Knowledge of projects using SAFe methodology.
- Experience with DevOps processes and implementation.
- Experience with environments utilizing Cloud Technologies such as Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with NGiNX web server.
- Experience with MQLight, Redis In-memory data structure store and message broker.