Role: Senior Oracle DBA
Location: Suitland MD
Job type: FTE/Permanent
· Client is building a strong Engineering team to deliver high quality, modern Information Assurance solutions and seeking a Senior AWS/Azure who will be responsible for integration and implementation of the public cloud infrastructure that will support Census Systems Enterprise Database shared services.
· The AWS Engineer will adhere to internal team standards and processes as well as documentation for the design, implementation, operations, and accreditation of COTS infrastructure management solutions. You will build and integrate new systems and assist in the migration of applications, COTS, GOTS, and FOSS products to public cloud resources; provide technological recommendations of infrastructure solutions; implement the solutions required to fulfill system and solution level requirements; and support development, integration, test and validation activities to prove system effectiveness, performance, and readiness during critical test events.
· Operations & Support of database environments deployed in a 12c Multitenant Architecture
· Implement Upgrades of databases from 11g to 12c Multitenant and 12c to 19c Multitenant
· Implement Upgrades of Multi-tenant databases from 12c (188.8.131.52) to 184.108.40.206
· Deploy, upgrade, operate, and managing databases in 12c Multi-tenant deployed on Exadata Engineered Systems
· Tuning, optimization and troubleshooting multiple environments (20+), stand-alone and pluggable databases, SQL and PL/SQL routines.
· Operational responsibilities will include supervising performance of database installations, configurations, and migrations as required
· Designs, builds, and maintains structure (e.g. relational) and unstructured databases within a multiple tier environment
· Analyzing performance issues, diagnosing/resolving affecting database systems
· Performs data access analysis design, and archive/recovery design and implementation.
· Develops strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database
· Maintaining database configurations in compliance with release management, change management, and office of information security requirements
· Troubleshoot issues related to Oracle RAC (Node Evictions, Node Reboots)
· Deploy Oracle ASM and troubleshooting ASM related issues
· Perform daily activities like production support and continuous database monitoring.
· Leverage tools like OEM, AWR, ASH, ADDM Expdp/Impdp, SQL Tuning Advisor, SQL Plan Baselines.
· Apply patches like Critical Patch Updates (CPU), Patch Set Updates (PSU), and One-Off Patches, Interim patches, DST, and Patch sets.
· Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
· Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and frontend (e.g. COGNOS) and backend programming languages (e.g. SQL). Performs database programming and supports systems design.
· Deploy Oracle Wallet configurations and Implement TDE security configurations
· Deploy Hot/Cold Backup and Recovery of databases using RMAN
· Implement database environments refresh using data pump
· Implement Oracle Transportable Tablespace (TTS), Oracle database provisioning and cloning techniques and Oracle standby database server deployments, architecture, configuration, implementation, operations, and management
· Translates business requirements and database administration operational requirements into long-term architecture solutions.
· Reviews and develops object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better data management and performance.
· Performs all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
· Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a multiple tier environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
· Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
· Bachelor’s in IT related field
· Must have hands-on experience with Oracle ASM configuration, deployments and troubleshooting
E-Business International, Inc
Delivery Lead/Recruitment Manager