Description Job Description:
The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Oracle Database Administrator
to work at our Ft. Meade, Maryland
location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.Primary Responsibilities
The selected individual must be able to efficiently investigate complex database issues and provide solutions in a dynamic, complex, production environment. He/she must have the ability to effectively interface with customers, system administrators, database team members, software developers, and senior-level management. He/she will be expected to learn and understand data models and data architecture documents. Solutions developed to support the customer's needs will be written using SQL, PL/SQL, and scripting languages. Other tasks may include applying Oracle patches and upgrading the database structure, as well as tasks in data conversion and other database-centric process improvements.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related discipline and at least 8 years general experience as a Database Administrator to include experience with tasks such as data migration, data replication, user administration, backup and recovery, and general DBA tasks.
- Must have at least 3 years of Oracle Database Administration experience.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience with Linux (RHEL).
- Must have 2 years of shell scripting experience.
- Must have 2 years of experience with PL/SQL.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
External Referral Bonus:
- Experience with Mongo.
- 3 years of experience with Oracle Grid/RAC in a Linux environment.
- Experience with real time highly available data replication technologies such as Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Streams, Oracle Golden Gate, Sybase Replication Server.
- Experience with MySQL.
- Experience with Cassandra.
EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:
5000Potential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Database ManagementPay Range: