Business Group Highlights Civilian, State and Local
Perspecta's Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services. Responsibilities
The Senior Oracle Database Administrator will lead the Oracle Database team in the administration of the Database platforms, supporting functions across one or more teams or clients, including designing, implementing and maintaining new databases, backup/recovery and configuration management. This role will lead efforts to accelerate development of automation scripts for deployment, configuration, security hardening and patch management of standard database and Web Service platforms using pre-developed automation assets.
Key Duties include:
1. Working with other teams to consolidate database instances and storage using capacity and performance analysis tools to identify underutilized instances, duplicate copies of data and identify associated server, network and storage resources that can be "right sized" in preparation for transition to new CoLo datacenter or hybrid cloud.
2. Solving database and SQL performance issues using Oracle native tools including SQL Rewrite.
3. Evaluate utilization of Exadata systems workloads to determine the strategy for use and migration moving forward. Some consolidation of Exadatas is expected as the existing workload moves to more cloud-friendly, lighter weight database platforms readily available in all major cloud service provider environments.
4. Provide leadership in problem determination/analysis and isolate system problems utilizing diagnostic and system management tools (i.e. system dumps and system/component traces, monitoring tools, vendor problem data bases).
5. Maintain security hardened baseline configurations and deploy security (patches), software maintenance (patches) and new software releases and supporting products infrastructure as directed by the system owner, policy, or the Cybersecurity Directorate.
6. Lead the Engineering, integration, implementation, and operation of a virtualization strategy to include Database server consolidation, storage consolidation, and automation. Automation includes seamless Database provisioning, and non-disruptive workflow/application/data migrations.
7. Maintain up-to-date documentation of all procedures, infrastructure diagrams, system configuration and baseline standards, implementation plans, system back out plans, system recovery plans, maintenance plans, system upgrades, and all system changes.
8. Provide leadership in process, management and resolution of all event, warning, alert, as well as alarm messages. Contractor shall design and implement automated responses to system issues (e.g., automatic failover, resource allocation adjustments). Qualifications
• 10+ years of experience and a B.S. and M.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience and MS can be substituted with an additional 2 years of related experience
• 10 years experience with Oracle systems
• 10 years experience with Oracle Data Guard for multi-site failover and smarter use of standby databases for reporting and analysis functions, rather than sitting idle awaiting failover operations.
• 5 years' experience Exadata systems or Oracle Clusterware/RAC DB environment
• Strong DBA experience on installation/patching, performance tuning
• Prefer who have experience on 19c DB upgrades and operations.
• ship required and ability to pass public trust security clearance.
Full BI required prior to start About PerspectaWhat matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.Perspecta is anAA/EEOEmployer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).