Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Senior PACS Administrator is responsible for the operational administration and network management of all PACS servers and workstations as well as maintains network connectivity between all modalities and the PACS/RIS.
• Monitors daily PACS and Modality System by daily monitoring of scheduled jobs, using monitoring tools, notifying vendors of any problems, working collaboratively to resolve any issues and providing downtime solutions and support for image transmission when necessary.
• Adds, changes or removes users on PACS Databases, including putting new users into appropriate user groups, granting appropriate permissions, changing user profiles, deleting users, and maintaining appropriate documentation for all user management functions.
• Provides network troubling-shooting and problem-solving, including factors related to network connection, data transfer performance, etc.
• Corrects studies when required. Monitors unmatched studies.
• Provides user training, including planning and coordinating training (personnel, site, equipment, materials). Participates in System Administrator and QC training provided by Vendor, remaining current in new versions and techniques.
• Develops and implementing Quality Control program to assure effective functioning and maintenance of the PACS System, consistent with QC procedures throughout the organization.
• Participates in and develops information for the organization's performance indicators/quality assurance programs, including providing information to Radiology Management, Information Systems, and others as required.
• Responsible for system configuration changes and modifications including:
• Notifying and coordinating installations with Vendor personnel when adding, changing or moving devices; Planning and coordinating software upgrades; Notifying and coordinating with Vendor personnel when moves/changes to modalities' DICOM storage locations are required; Maintaining PACS profiles, including maintaining system profiles and maintaining appropriate documentation for all user management functions.
• Updates MIG request tickets in a timely manner to allow tracking the status of various projects and requests.
• On-call duties as required.
• Responsible for any tasks assigned by CIG leadership related to the operations and purview of the Medical informatics' Group
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Current Internal Penn Medicine Information Services division employees may be considered with proof of active and continued enrollment in an approved bachelor degree program
• 3+ years of Healthcare IT experience is required
• Experience with EPIC RIS, PACS, networking and modalities preferred
• Radiologist Technologist preferred
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
• Ability to communicate with internal and external constituents
• Ability to work independently and in a group setting
• Ability to utilize Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Access preferred
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.