Founded in 2001, Blue Canopy is an award-winning provider of business solutions in the public and commercial sectors. We're focused on delivering outcomes that matter by combining the best use of technology, process improvement, and the system of governance. Our Mission is to serve our clients and help them achieve success by combining governance, industry experience, and information technology excellence.
At Blue Canopy, innovation, collaboration, and teamwork are the driving force behind our success. We are committed to hiring, retaining, and developing best-in-class professionals because we recognize that our team is what differentiates us in the marketplace as an industry-leader. We are driven by excellence, committed to integrity, and inspired to achieve limitless possibilities.
Blue Canopy is currently seeking a well-rounded, Full Time PL/SQL Developer with ETL experience to provide onsite support to our government client in Washington, DC. We are in need of a goal-oriented software developer, who can comfortably communicate and interface with internal and external stakeholders.
* Act as a key resource in designing, configuring, developing, and implementing enhancements and production fixes to existing systems
* Proactively monitor and identify performance/functional issues and recommend innovative improvements
* Develop new systems (design, configure, develop and implement) as the opportunity arises
* Provide Tier 2/Tier 3 technical support and resolve production defects and issues
* Utilize development best practices and appropriate patterns to develop software solutions
* Create views, stored procedures, and queries using PL/SQL
* Actively mitigate potential security gaps including SQL-injection, Cross Site scripting, Cross Site Request Forgery, etc.
* Create technical documentation
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
* 6-10 years of professional software development experience
* 3-5 years of experience designing, and developing solutions using PL/SQL
* 3-5 years of experience using PL/SQL to develop queries, views and stored procedures with performance optimization
* 3-5 years of experience developing ETL solutions for large data warehouses
* Ability to act as a project's technical lead/lead developer as needed
* Experience building high performance web-based user interfaces using SQL Developer
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Excellent debugging skills
* Ability to analyze existing code and identify areas where efficiency can be improved
* Ability to monitor production jobs, identify performance/functional issues and recommend innovative improvements
* Ability to clearly communicate and share solutions and information with fellow team members
* Experience with root cause analysis and defect resolution in a production environment
* Ability to create technical documentation such as design guides, deployment plans/guides, etc.
* Requires a BS Degree in an IT related field
* Experience developing test scripts and performing user acceptance testing
* Experience evaluating requirements and analyzing them for gaps and future risks
* Motivated and able to work proficiently in a team environment and independently
* Strong communication skills with internal team members and business stakeholders
* Strong initiative for solution, system and process improvements
* Ability to adapt quickly to an existing complex environment
* Prior experience supporting a government agency
* Experience with the following:
* Serena Business Manager
* Serena PVCS Version Manager
* Web API
* Remedy Ticketing System
* SQL Developer
Clearance: US Citizenship or Green Card required - Must be able to obtain a "Public Trust" level clearance
As a full-time employee of Blue Canopy, you are eligible for an attractive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability insurance. Our benefits also include paid holidays, Paid-Time-Off (PTO), a company-sponsored 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and flexible spending accounts to allow you to pay for Health, Dependent care and Commuter costs with pre-tax income.
Blue Canopy, LLC is EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability