INADEV is seeking an experienced PL/SQL ETL developer to design, develop, and unit test software modules and functionalities, utilizing strong knowledge of and skill in ETL, PL/SQL scripting, and PostgreSQL
US Citizen or Green Cards/EAD status with the ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance is required.
Local VA/DC/MD candidates only please.
Work location: Baltimore, MD.
Remote only during the COVID pandemic.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Peer review team members code for quality and standards.
Demonstrate completed functionality and assist testers with approaches to validate features and refine test cases.
Attend team meetings with team members to understand and refine business features.
Attend regular customer meetings and provide status on assigned tasks.
Analyze and troubleshoot the existing Oracle 19c data models, PL/SQL and Linux scripts, and code for opportunities to optimize performance and migrate into the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
Monitor and troubleshoot daily production jobs and job failures.
Coordinate with various other teams to resolve production job failures.
Develop design documentation and guidelines.
Develop presentation material.
Occasional weekend support may be required for releases and upgrades.
- Strong experience in designing, building and testing graphs and Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) applications
- Strong understanding of data recovery and job rerun needs in an ETL environment.
- Strong experience with SQL, mapping, and integration of databases such as DB2, Oracle 19c, and Greenplum.
- Proficiency writing scripts using Oracle PL/SQL, and PostgreSQL
- Familiarity extracting data from multiple data sources such as DB2, Oracle, and flat files.
- Experience scripting in a Linux environment to automate ETL solutions and data migration jobs
- Knowledge of when to use plain SQL vs. PL/SQL.
- Working knowledge with analyzing and developing optimal code to maintain high performance for processing large volumes of data.
- Hands on experience with data warehouse Business Intelligence (BI) / Management Information (MI) reporting environment. Knowledge in both client-server and mainframe-based systems and the connectivity/infrastructure requirements to support, design, develop and implement such systems.
- Experience working with enterprise data warehouses.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher preferred, with 8 years of advanced IT experience or professional IT certifications
- Experience with data warehousing designs/concepts such as star and snowflake schemas.
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, Test Driven Design/Development, performance analysis, continuous integration)
- Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies, Jenkins, Jira/VersionOne, Nexus, Jenkins, OpenShift, UrbanCode Deploy, XML/XSLT, and Amazon Web Services.
- Experience working on Agile projects and understanding Agile terminology.
INADEV is a recognized SBA 8(a) certified SDB based in McLean, VA since 2011. We provide high quality agile digital services, cloud-based solutions, and full end-to-end operational services to multiple Federal agencies such as Department of Homeland Security (USCIS), Social Security Administration, US Census Bureau, Food and Drug Administration, and large commercial entities such as Echostar.
We offer a full benefits package, including:
- Contribution toward your healthcare plan. We have multiple plans available to fit your life for Medical, Vision, Dental & Prescription.
- Employer paid Life Insurance & Long/Short Disability Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 8 paid holidays
- 401k, annual employer match up to 3%
- Excellent work life balance
- A commitment to creating a fulfilling work environment
No 3rd party Recruiters/agencies please.
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
INADEV Corporation does not discriminate against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, or national origin.