Description Job Requisition:
Senior ParalegalJob Description:
Leidos is looking for a Senior Paralegal to work on-sight in support of the Civil Rights Division.Primary Responsibilities:
Works under the direction of a Supervisory Paralegal. Work products are reviewed prior to submission; however, often develops these products with minimal direct supervision other than written guidelines. Performs moderately complex legal research; synopsizes transcripts of hearings and oral arguments for attorney use; reviews case related materials and, for example, identifies potentially conflicting statements or areas requiring further investigation; writes preliminary drafts of simple legal memoranda and correspondence. Contact with other Contractor staff, and with trial staff. Qualifications:
- Requires paralegal certificate.
- At least two years of litigation paralegal experience required; trial experience very extremely helpful.
- At least one year of experience in automated litigation support.
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court system, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, imaging, and hardware systems.
- Role also requires hands-on familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
- Must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply., Must be able to obtain a Public Trust.
MEGAExternal Referral Bonus:
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.