The Senior Performance Analyst role has responsibility for supporting all aspects of performance analytics, attribution and reporting - including account, product, and benchmark data. The primary focus is on equity investments, while being part of a larger global performance and analytics team supporting all asset classes and investment types.
This integral role requires an individual who is self-motivated, detail oriented and accountable; one who is self-reliant and adept at collaborating with others. The ideal candidate will share their knowledge and technical expertise in advancing the team and functions to the next level. Opportunities exist within the team and beyond; with systems implementations, process re-engineering, investment analytics and attribution, product development and stakeholder relationships. The fast-paced environment requires a results-oriented individual to drive processes in a dynamic, growing organization.
A strong background in investment performance and analytics, including attribution, portfolio and security level characteristics, competitor/peer analysis, along with a broad knowledge of financial markets and complex investment strategies is required for this role. The ideal candidate will have an innovative mindset and interest in learning. Responsibilities:
- Act as subject matter expert on performance calculations, attribution and analytics
- Provide technical expertise regarding attribution and analytics for investment instruments
- Develop and maintain procedures relative to tasks and deliverables
- Continuously pursue opportunities for innovative solutions and gains in operational efficiencies
- Diligently work to develop and cross train the knowledge base and skills of the team
- Strive to enhance data quality, and develop reporting tools and systems
- Optimize tools required in reporting process such as; FactSet, Sylvan, Excel, and an enterprise data lake
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of client reporting
- Strong customer service focus and orientation
- Respond to ad hoc requests and create value added analysis for stakeholders
- Partner with operation groups to monitor controls and support valuation process
- Exhibit strong communication skills; both written and oral.
- Assist in and provide support in new product development efforts
- Act as backup for other team members
- Participate and/or lead projects and other tasks as assigned
- Must be a collaborative and innovative team player
- Undergraduate degree in business, economics, or a quantitative discipline, or equivalent strong experience in the industry
- Designations such as CFA, CAIA, FRM, or CIPM (or progress toward) are desired
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience within a data analytics, securities, asset management or performance measurement group
- A solid knowledge of financial instruments and strategies
- Experience with or interest in learning BI and Analytics Software is preferred