Lumen Solutions Inc. is a technology consulting services company based in Virginia. We provide a wide array of experienced business and IT professionals supporting clients from solution design to implementation and support. We specialize in strategy development, portfolio management and enterprise architecture.
Complete Job Description:
We have an urgent job opening of Senior Performance Monitoring Engineer with our direct client based in Washington, D. C. please check below job description and share your resume ASAP.
Job Title: Senior Performance Monitoring Engineer
Job Location: Washington, D. C.
Job Type: Long Term Contract
5-8 Years Experience
- Demonstrated experience within the healthcare insurance industry. Knowledge of claims systems a plus, specifically FEP claims • Knowledge of EDI specifically ANSI X.12 transactions, e.g. 834, 837, etc. would be beneficial •Infrastructure Engineer with a hands-on experience.
- It is the responsibility of a Senior performance engineer to review technical aspects of the applications at the runtime in Pre-Prod & Production and identify any potential issues of inefficiencies. These skills are applied in many ways such as certification of load tests, support of production and development issues, and architectural requirements and design reviews. The ideal resource will have a very strong capacity for problem-solving, as well as a background in one or more of the following areas: Load Balancing, Java/J2EE principles, JVM and Garbage Collection tuning, infrastructure engineering, and data analysis.
Application Monitoring Tools:
- Viewing data using tools like SQL Developer • Executing a query/Running Explain Plan and Trace • Getting and analyzing AWR for performance issues, validations Data/Statistical Analysis:
- Finding min, max, average
- Plotting results and reviewing data for trends and anomalies • Reducing a set of data to a list of distinct values Unix/Linux Skills:
- Editing a file/Executing a shell script • Viewing available disk space/Recommend the optimum • Find and kill a process by process ID • Take a heap dump/ thread dump • Restarting a server using the command line/Consoles Java and JVM Skills:
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of garbage collection • Open a Heap Dump/find Memory leak suspects • Read a Thread Dump
This Senior Performance Monitoring Engineer should possess a unique depth of technical knowledge, analytical expertise, and/or domain knowledge. They are recognized as SMEs in multiple areas and have repeatedly proven their ability to work with complete independence to identify, diagnose, and work with delivery partners to resolve performance issues, often proactively via the ability to identify subtle symptoms of potential issue.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide potential solution to reoccurring problems • Gain deep knowledge of application architecture and functionality • Design tests to validate issues and the solutions • Maintain a high credibility with partner teams • Communicate with partner teams on the solution, and follow up the issue through completion Monitor, Report and Respond to the following in SLR Environments:
- Update application configurations/JVM configurations • Design tests that confirm the issues and the solutions • Thread pool leak/Heap memory leak • Cache generation/cleaning • Asses the performance impact on integration points • Bootstrap frameworks during server initialization • Detect and eliminate redundant logic
Interview format: 1st – Phone Screen, 2nd - Skype
Location: Washington, D. C.
Compensation and benefits – Lumen Solutions offers competitive compensation package as well as an array of benefits matching with current industry standard based on experience and qualifications.
Overview of benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx Insurance
- Vacation, Sick Leave, Holidays
- 401K, Employee Referral Bonus
- Lumen Solutions is an EEO and presents an incredible opportunity for growth and advancement with initiatives in transportation, healthcare, and financial sectors.
Phone Number of assigned recruiter - 571-229-5700
Posted By: Jaiprakash Singh
Lumen Solutions, Inc.
Please send resume to: