Title: Senior Performance Test Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
The Olenick Senior Performance Test Engineer is an integral part of the software testing engineering team, working in a dynamic, fast-paced, agile environment.
Responsibilities & Required Skills:
- 5+ years of working knowledge and implementations of at least 2 of the following performance testing tool sets: HP LoadRunner, Apache Jmeter, and Microsoft Visual Studio (formerly VSTS).
- Working knowledge with Dynatrace
- Experience building and on-prem installation of Performance Center
- Working knowledge with StormRunner
- Experience with HP Performance Center, Radview WebLOAD, IBM Rational Performance Tester, SOASTA CloudTest, Test Anywhere, OpenSTA or comparable packaged or open source performance testing tools are a plus.
- Experience with BlazeMeter or other cloud based load generator solutions is a plus.
- Identify and recommend performance testing tools to be used to meet client requirements.
- Install, configure, and implement performance testing tools in a web /cloud or N-Tiered application environment for custom developed or packaged software applications and systems.
- Define Performance Test requirements by working with key business and IT users and project stakeholders.
- Identify and receive approval for Performance Test conditions by working with key business and IT users and project stakeholders.
- Create Performance Test scripts and gain approval from key business and IT users and project stakeholders, utilize latest scripting techniques including data parameterization and correlation.
- Arrange performance test execution test cycles and schedule timeframes with key business and IT resources to monitor, witness and support the performance test results.
- Establish and define performance baseline for a system under test.
- Analyze results and publish meaningful, pragmatic performance test metrics and results (including defects) for action by the application and infrastructure owners for remediation and repair.
- Experience with extracting response data and correlation for dynamic data uses.
- Knowledgeable in defining and building a load profile with ramp up and ramp down profiles.
- Coordinate with Core Application Development, Business Unit, Database, Middleware, and Operations teams to identify performance improvement areas, and promote resolution of issues resulting from test execution and analysis efforts.
- Understand and communicate the differences between performance test types and have the ability to plan and execute on different test types.
- Experience with Fiddler, Wireshark, or other network packet capture tools are nice to have.
- HP Performance Center/LoadRunner protocol TruClient is especially valued
- Automation experience - Solid development experience in .NET OR Java.
- Able to guide and mentor more junior team members.
- Travel will be required.